Clearing out space on the EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I have 95% full on my EHD... To clear up space I deleted 189 one hour shows that were in HD.... But it still says 95% full...Any help would be greatly appreciated

Yeah, that is puzzling as deleting events off the EHD is permanent (no trash to empty or recover from).

Of course, the Hopper may be deleting programs in the background and when you look a few hours later you find you now have more room.

I deleted hundreds of programs off my old EHD in preparation for moving the data back onto the Hopper and then onto my new 6TB EHD. My new EHD would not show up until I unplugged my old EHD. I successfully formatted the new EHD and plugged in the old one again. It failed to show up until I had unplugged the newly formatted one! I believe this is a bug because my 6TB drive cannot be simultaneously connected along with my old EHD.

Anyhow, after I plugged the old one back in, it still had all the programs I had deleted. The only way I got those programs deleted was to delete them again and leave everything as is for hours or perhaps overnight. I believe there is a trashcan for the EHDs even if we can't see it anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)