Cleveland Fox 8 no longer records to dvr

jbones

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
Yesterday I noticed that my hopper 3 no longer records a viable recording of just this one channel (Cleveland Fox 8)
Whenever you try to play back a recording it just goes straight to live or just hangs there until you back out of the recording
it does it on manual recordings as well as prime time recordings
and it’s only this channel that it happens on all other stations work fine
if there is a buffer it happens also
How can this be?

Teach support including advanced tech support is at a loss as to how I could lose dvr functionality on only one channel.
their answer is to replace the receiver and see what happens, sure hope that works

I have the exact same issue in Cleveland. Noticed that I couldn’t watch the football games I recorded on fox. And after reading your post i tried to watch prime time events from fox and they wouldn’t play either. I was lucky enough to have a ota tuner connected and they recorded/played back fine from that. I definitely do not want a new receiver.

will do, wasn’t sure if those guys were around anymore. Thanks.

Can you please post anything you find out?

I'm also having the same issue with FOX 8 WJW Cleveland. I can view live programming but there is no DVR functionality. My recording of Fox NFL Sunday is unplayable. The same issue is present for a couple of independent channels, WDLI 17 and WRLM 47.

I also don't want a new receiver. I've had this receiver for only two months, a Hopper with Sling and a Wifi Joey.

Thank you.

Reactions: incomenet
I have the same issues with fox8 in Cleveland. It works fine on the OTA channel just not the satellite feed. I highly doubt that multiple receivers went bad in the same way at the same time. All shows recorded in PTAT last night are not there for just this channel.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKrell
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear it wasn't just me. When I first called Dish said that there were no other reports of this.
Guess I just must have been the first to notice. Everyone in Tech support could not understand how this would be happening on just this channel.
My Hopper works fine on every other channel but that one. My OTA antenna doesn't get that station in well enough for me to try to record on it.
Hope they figure it out soon.

My OTA antenna doesn't get that station in well enough for me to try to record on it.
I had issues recording off my local PBS station, so I upgraded my roof antenna to one of these (below) and fixed the problem. You might consider doing that as well since you are likely to:
  1. Be happier with the quality
  2. Receive subchannels you don't receive via satellite
  3. Receive out of market stations

r1_hdb91x.jpg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I can pause live tv, but not rewind, and pressing play goes directly to live tv. Recordings are black screens only.
I noticed the same thing with the Cleveland Fox affiliate. I tried to rewind live TV and the DVR was like 'You want me to do what?!' I haven't recorded anything on Fox, but I've never had issues with the DVR and rewinding live tv.

Can any of you record non-prime-time shows off this channel?
No, I cannot record any programs on FOX 8. The schedule screen shows the timer started and stopped at the correct times but when I open the recording it says "0 minutes".

It's peculiar that everyone in this thread is experiencing difficulty with same channel in the same market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts