Cleveland Fox 8 no longer records to dvr

I hope it’s just a technical issue since it seems to have started just before the new software was pushed out for the hopper/Joey. Knowing that dish is looking into it, I’m pretty sure it will get taken care of sooner rather than later.

I'm assuming someone here has a hopper, which means this is effecting the 722k and Hopper, which to me implies a switch higher up in the code that inhibits recording any particular channel.

Teach support including advanced tech support is at a loss as to how I could lose dvr functionality on only one channel.
their answer is to replace the receiver and see what happens, sure hope that works

That is a complete lack of caring, or maybe any kind of knowledge. Forget that it has happened a few times over the years. If it's happening on one channel why would they jump to it being your Hopper problem and not first look into a specific problem encoding that signal. Maybe just try it themselves? :oldno

I'll say this much, each time I called to talk to Tech Support, they were very professional and truly tried to help me get to the bottom of why this was happening. They were friendly, articulate and tried to rectify the situation and not just try to get me off the phone. The replacement receiver was really kind of a last resort.
Advanced Tech was supposedly reporting this as an issue when I first talked to them. I'm happy the problem is resolved and have no issues with how things were handled by Dish's Tech Support Team.

A bit of good news. I called Dish Support this afternoon to at least add to the list of annoyed customers. The technician noticed I was still on software H209. She suggested up upgrade my software to H210 and see if that solved the problem. DVR functionality has returned for me on WJW FOX 8. I was even able to record and view a program today off that channel.

Press the home button three times to navigate to Dish Diagnostics and select 'Tools'. UPGRADE SOFTWARE is at the bottom left (sorry about the glare but the blinds were closed). I hope the software upgrade solution works for you. The upgrade took more than 30 minutes.

I still don't have DVR functionality on WDLI 17 and WRLM 47.

Good luck

Attachments

• IMG_20210914_161943441.jpg
    IMG_20210914_161943441.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20210914_162004337.jpg
    IMG_20210914_162004337.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 91
This thread caught my eye because my PTAT does not record our local Fox 23 out of Albany, NY. Now I thought we were able to do manual or series recordings on it because we did watch the last season of Last Man Standing from our DVR. So our Fox was out due to dispute about almost 2 years ago, but was brought back due to the pandemic. We even got an email about it saying it was back due to the pandemic. That was a year and a half ago. The only thing I noticed when the channel came back was that it was not recording as part of PTAT. Thought it was some agreement Dish had with the station due to agreeing to bring it back because of the pandemic. Fast forward to this week and I installed a second H3 (owned that I purchased used from a fellow Sat Guy) and have PTAT set up on it and ABC, CBS and NBC all record on the PTAT of the new H3 and not Fox, just like my other H3. So I am wondering if any of this has to do with the dispute? Or if it is some technical issue and I have just been living with it all this time without complaining to Dish.

This thread caught my eye because my PTAT does not record our local Fox 23 out of Albany, NY. Now I thought we were able to do manual or series recordings on it because we did watch the last season of Last Man Standing from our DVR. So our Fox was out due to dispute about almost 2 years ago, but was brought back due to the pandemic. We even got an email about it saying it was back due to the pandemic. That was a year and a half ago. The only thing I noticed when the channel came back was that it was not recording as part of PTAT. Thought it was some agreement Dish had with the station due to agreeing to bring it back because of the pandemic. Fast forward to this week and I installed a second H3 (owned that I purchased used from a fellow Sat Guy) and have PTAT set up on it and ABC, CBS and NBC all record on the PTAT of the new H3 and not Fox, just like my other H3. So I am wondering if any of this has to do with the dispute? Or if it is some technical issue and I have just been living with it all this time without complaining to Dish.
Have you checked your PTAT settings and make sure FOX is selected too?

Since posting in this thread, I was contacted by a Dish Rep via PM regarding my PTAT problem. I provided my account information and was told they would look into the problem. Today I got a PM from the same rep that the problem was resolved. I checked both my H3's tonight and they both now have Fox recording on PTAT. Thanks Dish!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts