Cleveland HD Locals Problem

Did they shut down all the locals? or only the people who are receiving the upgrade?
It sounded to me like there is a documented process that some CSR's are following that has them shut off locals in some convoluted effort to add the wing dish. I've read (in this thread?) or another forum about others who had this happen, nothing about just shutting off the locals for all.

so this begs the question -- are there installers in Cleveland who will install a 61.5 dish for less than the $60 that Dish wants? Or does Dish subsidize this install (so the installer gets more than $60 from Dish)?

I obviously can't speak for any installers except the one I know, he usually has extra equipment laying around and said he would do it for me for $50.

They are on. Can you get anything else from 61.5?

I resolved my 61.5 DISH requirement with DISH's technical service for the Cleveland Ohio HD locals.

They are installing a DISH for 61.5 at no charge, I did commit to 24 months of DISH service, (any DISH service will suffice should we have an economic issue and need to downgrade), installation is set for Tuesday April 15th.

Technical did say that DISH will have 100 national channels in a few months, (I define that as "soon").

~​

Good for you! I will try that. According to the website:
You may need a second satellite dish to receive all local channels in this package.
This second dish will be provided and installed free of any charge.
If you do not already have a second satellite dish, please call DISH Network at 800-333-DISH (3474) to schedule an installation.

used this infomation when the csr told me it'd be $99 to install a 2nd dish, put me on hold, came back, and said they'd just wave it for me ;)

harmless enough, sucks for you guys that paid or signed up for 24 more months. :eek:

Hey Cleveland locals, according to what we've been told (I work for the RSP in OH, Digital Dish) Should be availble today (April 10, 2008) But you will need a 61.5 dish. They didn't give us details on wether they will be charging for that upgrade or not, but if you have the 61.5 you should be good to go. Check on channels 5200-5203 for your locals. Hope this helps!

You can't get much else from 61.5 unless you are looking for international programming, which a bulk of that they have moved over to the 118.7 now....

Hey peter you actually in cleveland or like geauga, ashtabula area?? Let me know, cuz there's not way in HELL they pay us 60 bucks!

Hey Cleveland locals, according to what we've been told (I work for the RSP in OH, Digital Dish) Should be availble today (April 10, 2008) But you will need a 61.5 dish. They didn't give us details on wether they will be charging for that upgrade or not, but if you have the 61.5 you should be good to go. Check on channels 5200-5203 for your locals. Hope this helps!

I just had digital dish install a wing this morning! Signals are all great!

FYI I am my father both needed to get the dish added. I called and after telling them I was going to cancel was able to get 99.00 waved and no contract. My father called and was quoted 49.99 and told no way they would wave. I called back for my father and the CSR waved it no problem. Seems its all in the mood of the CSR.

All set up for Monday morning to get the 61.5 hooked back up free of charge and no commitment. Still on the roof, but was disconnected when the 1000.2 was installed.

just had a brilliant idea (imo).

if E* puts STO and Fox OH on 61.5 and takes it off 129, won't they be forced to install a 61.5 dish for free? I seem to remember this being their policy that if they moved programming that you already have then they'd install the newly required dish for free.

or, they could just lie and charge me the $60 anyway.

but hopefully this will work since I won't pay the $60 (or commit to 24 months) just on principle.

just had a brilliant idea (imo).

if E* puts STO and Fox OH on 61.5 and takes it off 129, won't they be forced to install a 61.5 dish for free? I seem to remember this being their policy that if they moved programming that you already have then they'd install the newly required dish for free.

or, they could just lie and charge me the $60 anyway.

but hopefully this will work since I won't pay the $60 (or commit to 24 months) just on principle.

My brother got his dish for free no problems, also FOXOH and STO are uplinked to 61.5

*knock on wood* I have yet to have a customer either pay or extend their contract for the Cleveland locals. If anyone runs into a CSR stating that you need to pay up or extend, simply call back and get another CSR; in other words, play the "roulette"