Cleveland HD Upgrade Friday-Question

Well if they do put the locals on 61.5 then they will be putting up a lot of dishes. Why put Cleveland HD locals on 61.5 when STO HD is on 129 and 129 only. Seems pretty stupid to me. Also if you "move" to Pittsburgh you will not get STO or FOX Ohio.

Great - I switch from "D" to Dish because of a bundle package but also because I was told ( misinformed ) that I could get Cleveland locals in HD - one of the main reasons I made the switch!
And every other post is "Cleveland HD locals coming end of week" - "Cleveland HD locals coming end of month" - "Cleveland HD locals coming in (input any month here)" - "Cleveland HD locals coming when Denis Kucinich becomes president"
I'm having SERIOUS second thoughts about my decision!

Well if they do put the locals on 61.5 then they will be putting up a lot of dishes. Why put Cleveland HD locals on 61.5 when STO HD is on 129 and 129 only.
Personally, I would be happy to see Cleveland locals on 61.5. And I wish they moved (or mirrored) STO HD and FoxSport HD there too.
At the time I was getting Dish installed (3 years ago), some of the Cleveland locals were on 61.5, so Dish installed Dish500 + 61.5. I am sure, I am not the only one with such configuration in Cleveland. I currently get all channels I need, except for STO HD and FoxSport HD (I do get SD versions of these channels).

Getting 129 would require a new installation for me, and I am not sure I will have a clear view to the 129 bird due to a tall neighbor's tree... :(

I am in exactly the same situation as Ilya and would be happy to see the HD locals and RSNs on 61.5 That said I am very disgusted with the wait and am about ready pay the penalty and jump to D*. Scott says that Cleveland HD LILs will happen in the next two weeks and that's about all I'm ready to give it at this point as the foliage will be starting soon and my OTA HD reception of Channel 19 will disappear until next fall.

If more spots become available, I would not be surprised to see RSN's moved to 61.5.

It only makes sense - but this is Echostar/Dish Network, so...

If more spots become available, I would not be surprised to see RSN's moved to 61.5.

It only makes sense - but this is Echostar/Dish Network, so...

+1 :up

As both posters already stated, it wasn't that long ago a 2 dish solution was required to get all of the Cleveland locals (never understood why PBS and the Hispanic channel was on the 61.5). And yeah...LOL...it would benefit me as well to have the HD locals on the 61.5 :D

Looks like your wishes (and mine!) are in the process of being granted:

Yesterday's Uplink

Looks like STO is getting mirrored on 61.5. (Or perhaps more accurately, it's moving to 61.5 and getting mirrored on 129.) No one seems certain when it goes live, though...

It just better happen before post-season play. :)

Looks like your wishes (and mine!) are in the process of being granted:

Yesterday's Uplink

Looks like STO is getting mirrored on 61.5. (Or perhaps more accurately, it's moving to 61.5 and getting mirrored on 129.) No one seems certain when it goes live, though...

It just better happen before post-season play. :)

well that kinda sux for people who have STO and FOX Ohio on 129.

I can just see if they send the channels to 61.5, I'll have to wait weeks for a wing dish to get to watch what I have already been paying for.

I can just see if they send the channels to 61.5, I'll have to wait weeks for a wing dish to get to watch what I have already been paying for.

I wouldn't mind if they did that. I have 129, but I think if they activated the locals on 61.5 before they activated the RSN's, we have a bit of a bargaining chip. When they ask if you want to re-up for 2 years or pay $60, you could say, "Why should I have to agree to anything when I'm LOOSING service." Might miss a few Indians/Cavs games, but for me it would be worth it.

Last edited:
I'm just glad that the installer left the 61.5 dish up (but didn't hook it back up) when he installed the 1000.2. Hopefully it won't be a big deal to get the 61.5 back up and running.

Well consider those of us who have 61.5 and don't have 129. With your reasoning we have been paying for STO and FOXOH in HD since the start of LAST baseball season and have not been able to view either.

Its kind of pathetic to say it, but yesterday's uplink was major progress in E*'s snail like movement toward giving us Cleveland HD LILS. I suspect that the RSNs not being available on 61.5 might be the part of the most recent Cleveland HD delay. I could never figure out why they didn't mirror these channels from the start like they did with Pittsburgh. :confused:

I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)