Cleveland HD viewers with 811

jimm

Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Has anyone else in Cleveland lost the ability to view WEWS channel 5 in HD on the 811?
A few days ago the signal was jumping around and the 811 couldn’t lock on. Then it seemed the station stopped transmitting for a day. Now I get a signal of about 82% but I just get a black screen. I’ve tried a re-boot, but it does no good. I think it’s a station problem, but I’m not sure.

I have had a local stations digital transmitter malfunction, and they wasn't too concerned about it until I called and asked. They said, oh, people really are watching digital. Doh !!!

Another case was a local ABC station who wasn;t transmitting in HD. I called, they said, well we have an issued, can't get 5.1 to work with the HD turned on, would you rather have stereo and HD picture or 5.1 with standard, I said HD picture, so they changed it just in time for the Grammys and it's been that way since.

I would try to call someone who can see if they have the same results, then call the station, just ask for their engineer.

jimm said:
Has anyone else in Cleveland lost the ability to view WEWS channel 5 in HD on the 811?
A few days ago the signal was jumping around and the 811 couldn’t lock on. Then it seemed the station stopped transmitting for a day. Now I get a signal of about 82% but I just get a black screen. I’ve tried a re-boot, but it does no good. I think it’s a station problem, but I’m not sure.

There is a problem at the station according to folks at AVS Forum. I have an 811 and it is behaving the same way as yours with WEWS channel 5.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)