Cleveland takes "most Miserable City" award

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Detroit has to be better, they can host a Superbowl and NCAA final four.

Yep. They looked at sports team performance and a lot of other factors when deciding this.

Actually, Detroit came in at #4
In Pictures: America's 20 Most Miserable Cities - No. 4 Detroit, Mich. - Forbes.com

Here is the paragraph explaining how they ranked:

Forbes Article said:
Our Misery Measure takes into account unemployment, as well as eight other issues that cause people anguish. The metrics include taxes (both sales and income), commute times, violent crime and how its pro sports teams have fared over the past two years. We also factored in two indexes put together by Portland, Ore., researcher Bert Sperling that gauge weather and Superfund pollution sites. Lastly we considered corruption based on convictions of public officials in each area as tracked by the Public Integrity Section of the U.S. Department of Justice.

America's Most Miserable Cities - Forbes.com

Serious question: How did Forbes conduct their research? Was it scientific or is this just some idiot's opinion? Seems to me they based it on Sports Championships (or the lack there of) and the grueling winters, then mixed in a couple insults at the city.

Did they happen to examine depression or any other specific mental fortitude of actual people living here? I highly doubt it. This article was meant to get a rise out of the locals and for it to create a buzz about their stupid rag of a magazine.

The people of Cleveland are some of the most die-hard, proud, passionate, down-to-earth, HAPPY go-lucky SOB's you'd ever meet. And if Forbes or any other hater took the time to visit the REAL city and the REAL people that live here, they might be genuinely impressed.

The idiot hack "journalist" probably never set foot in our beautiful city and I found the article completely irresponsible. Not just because I disagree with it either, but the way it was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)