clock time on EST on 942

jerryd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
Central Wisconsin
I have recently purchased a dish network model 942 that I am using for OTA. this unit is hooked to my dish and antenna and works fine for OTA, except I am located in the Central daylight zone and this receiver was previously used in the Eastern time zone. The receiver is on EST. I have read the instruction book from cover to cover and nowhere can I find how to reset the time to CST. I have also tried rebooting several times. Can anyone tell how or if I can reset the time?

You cannot change the time zone that is done by the system when it activates the receiver.

In theory, you could activate the machine on your account, let it update and verify that it's working, then call back and deactivate.

In practice, Dish will not activate 942 receivers anymore. If you have any luck with that please PM me and tell me what you did.

I am sure you've tried doing a check switch and hard reboots...

Have you tried a system reset? Not sure what the key strokes are for the 942 but that might work as it. As long as you are connectedto the SATs and the box can get pull data down.