Closed Captioning on Any HD Receiver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
The DVB based subtitles acctually work on the Azbox Prem+ but feeds that carry them are hard to find. Follow Pendragon's Opera feeds over at Rick's and try them (usually 79W, 87W, 55.5W or 58W). When you tune in the Opera feed use the subtitle key on the Azbox remote and it will bring the options listing several languages , you can select any and it even works on HDMI passthrough my Onkyo Receiver. They light up the subtitle icon when you press info and a couple of channels on 55.5W even light up the Teletext icon as well but they are encrypted. Unfortunaelly the Azbox still does not display the normal analog era CC service not even when using composite outputs.

The DVB based subtitles acctually work on the Azbox Prem+ but feeds that carry them are hard to find>>>>>>> even works on HDMI passthrough my Onkyo Receiver. >>>>>>> Azbox still does not display the normal analog era CC service not even when using composite outputs.

Great information on the Azbox premium and the subtitle pass through! EIA-708 is supposed to do the same. Have you ever tried the EIA-708 pass through for the 3ABN channel?

I've been playing with DVBDream lately because of a TBS card I'm using. While there doesn't seem to be access to CC in DD, when I port it over to VLC I have CC. On 3ABN it works as you would expect. On History channel it acts strange. Like somebody is typing on a keyboard with very sticky keys, lots of repetitive key strokes. ???? Didn't know it could do that.

Nope, not with the Pansat 9500 either.

Darn Toshiba TV, will not do 576i/p or scart...had to move to another room to use the older Vizio.

Thank you for the extra work you went through to test the Pansat 9500! So far the odds do not look good for Closed Captioning with an HD receiver.

Anyone have one of the older original HD receivers that may have CC?

I've been playing with DVBDream lately because of a TBS card I'm using. While there doesn't seem to be access to CC in DD, when I port it over to VLC I have CC. On 3ABN it works as you would expect. On History channel it acts strange. Like somebody is typing on a keyboard with very sticky keys, lots of repetitive key strokes. ???? Didn't know it could do that.

I am having the same problems with VLC and also TSreader on the History Channel. The GEOSATpro DVR1100 and DSR200 receivers display CC fine. Interesting find!

Brian I just tried all 3 3ABN channels on 97W and none display any subtitle neither they light up the subtitle icon on the Azbox Prem +. When I press the subtitle key it only says OFF in the language list. These feeds that I just mentioned are coming from Europe but some are from NA like the Met Opera House. some have the subtitle embeded on the video (usually spanish and portuguese on 55.5W) but the rest you can select different languages by using the subtitle key or simply turn it OFF. the Azbox was designed for the European market therefore probably that is why it does not display any 708 digital subtitles on 3ABN.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)