Closed captioning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SeattleSailor

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2004
In casual checks of some of the "regular broadcast" channels such as the Fox, ABC and UPN stations on G10, I have yet to get any closed captioning to come up on my TV. I thought the closed captioning was buried in the vertical blanking signal and would thus ride along on the signal from the ground up to the satellite and back down to the FTA receiver. Does it get stripped off before broadcast, or does the 3688 not pass it along? Just curious.

SS

Unofficial ... Fortec Ultra Has Closed Captioniong

The Fortec Ultra passes the closed captioning for 90% of the channels. Topfield TF3000Fi also passes many cc channels. MPEG2 receivers need the correct closed captioning tables in the firmware to be able to pass the signal to your television or monitor

The Satworks do not pass the cc.

SatelliteAV said:
The Satworks do not pass the cc.

Thanks for the info. That explains it. Another item for my "wish list" for the next firmware upgrade from Satwork.

SS

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news ... Unfortunately, it would also require a hardware upgrade to add a optical or coaxial output! I'm trying to think of a word close to never which will describe when the Satwork 3688 will pass AC3. Better look for another receiver if you wish to listen to AC3 audio!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)