closed captioning

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bspei

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Aurora. CO
I need closed captioning and some programs that I have recorded the captions are either to slow or to fast. Sometimes the captioning stops and then the captions begin scrolling faster than I can read. If I back up a portion that wasnt working it woks fine for a while and then start acting up. My question is this. Is this my receiver or are other people hving trouble also. Do the d* receivers have this problem ?

reseting doesnt seem to help. I am also loosing audio and I have to roboot the receiver.
This a replaceent reciever.

right. it seems to happen on longer programs and starts about 10 minutes into the program.I can pause the movie and then start it up and it will sometimes take several seconds for the cc to start and it will work for several minutes and will screw up again.

Is the receiver directly into the TV with no audio receiver for sound? Are you watching a recorded program from the receiver or an EHD?

I've found that if CC drops out (some channels it can be frequent like BBCA) then pressing info 3 times may bring it back--at least for a while. I have it on all the time--sure would like a CC mute to read behind it when I want short of doing slow-motion.

BTW, I use yellow, black outline, transparent background, proportional, sans serif, and standard size. Usually works with minimal obstruction to the picture.

-Ken

Yes, this has been a problem for YEARS on Dish. I can pretty well judge when it is the fault of the individual who created the CC's. That does happen most often due to laziness or ignorance of the typist. However, Something technical on Dish's end is the problem far too often. Some channels are perfect. Then others are as described above: if one hits info or in any way interrupts the CC from displaying, it is a LONG wait for it to appear again or it may be garbage has displayed or 30 seconds behind the dialog, but within about 2 minutes it seems to be in sync again. This can be recreated over and over again by interrupting the display by changing channels, pressing INFO or BANNER and it does it all over again. Then REW way way back and let it go through the whole messed up then fixed process to find that the CC now displays perfectly when it wouldn't display earlier: That is a DISH problem.

I hope it gets fixed, again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts