Cloud Atlas

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Somewhat interesting movie. All I can say is that it is very complicated. Essentially 6 different stories using the same actors set in different times and places, and the movie jumps back and forth between them continuously. It too me about 30 minutes of total confusion before I was really able to keep track of it all. The movie clocks in at 3 hours, and by the end of the movie one can pretty easily figure it out. This movie requires a lot of concentration.

There were a few very funny scenes in the movie, some serious scenes, and some action. It was all over the map. The only part I did not like is that one of the timelines used broken English for all the dialog. It is hard enough keeping track of 6 different plots where the story can jump every 30 seconds at some points in the movie to throw in having to translate horribly broken English. Add in a few flashbacks to the various stories as they are being told and your head could explode.

I did enjoy the movie, I saw it in IMAX. But, now I almost feel like I have to see it again to really understand it now that I have the various timelines figured out.

The man getting injured by "pussy" has to be one of the most unexpectedly funny scenes I have seen in a long time

Well I went and saw it again, just so this time I could watch it and not get so tied up trying to keep track of it all. It is better the second time through since you know what is going on and have a chance to see many more details that were just missed the first time through because it was so confusing.

It is a good movie, but I would probably recommend waiting for the video since you have to watch it a couple times.

It seems intriguing to me just from watching the trailers.They were reviewing it on the radio the other day,and said it was very complicated but an enjoyable watch.Of course,much like most movies derived from books it would be better to read it.

I will not see it and will wait for it to come on T.V :)Thanks for sharing and everyones opinion :) I had a few friends see it iver the weekend and they said it sucked :)

I will not see it and will wait for it to come on T.V :)Thanks for sharing and everyones opinion :) I had a few friends see it iver the weekend and they said it sucked :)

I really only liked 3 of the 6 storylines: the 1975 nuclear power plant scandal, the An Orison of Sonmi~451 about a replicant from 2144, The Ghastly Ordeal of Timothy Cavendish set in 2012 (very funny).

Letters from Zedelghem from 1931 a story of a young composer was ok.

The Pacific Journal of Adam Ewing (1850) and Sloosha's Crossin' an' Ev'rythin' After (far future) just did not appeal to me.

Again the first time viewing is very rough.

The Perks of Being a Wall flower

Wreck-It Ralph

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)