Clueless Dish Installers

shy_guy

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 16, 2007
After finding out that a few of my locals are now available in HD on Dish, I called Dish to "move" back home. the Dish rep said that I would need a new dish installed in order to get the new HD locals, so they scheduled an install. I told the guy that I already had 2 dishes and he said that one of them would have to be replaced with a newer dish.

When the guy got there, he didn't understand why he was there. I had to explain the whole thing to him. He said that he only needed to re-position the 148 dish to 61.5. After doing that, he went inside to check it and said that I needed a new reciever because "the 622 is not an MPEG4 reciever." I knew that was wrong and told him that, but he insisted that he was the expert. I then noticed that the reciever was set to one of my custom favorites lists. When I put it on all channels, the new HD locals "magically" appeared!

Has anyone else had installers that knew less than you did about Dish? That just seems wrong.

Also, when doing a check switch, it shows LNB drift on 61.5. It always did on 148 too. Should I call them back, or just leave it? The signal strength is right around 25 for 61.5.

He should have replaced your LNB with a low noise one since he was out there anyway. Too many techs trying to just get out of there as fast as they can. Gives us more thorough techs a bad rap.

Every installer that comes to my house will check for LNB drift and replace it before they leave. Yours should have been checked also.

Guess I've been lucky. Every installer that has come to my house has been top notch! Fixed things I didn't even know were wrong, always made sure I was happy and made sure I knew what was done. Hope I keep my luck!

The guy who originally installed my Dish 500 blindly drilled the hole for the cable into the side of my foundation and missed a gas pipe inside the crawl space by about 2 inches. I was back at my old house in Maryland at the time getting ready to move. He never did ground the dish.:rolleyes:

The kid who upgraded me to a 622 in 2007, had never seen a 942. He did do a good job with the installation though.

The guy who originally installed my Dish 500 blindly drilled the hole for the cable into the side of my foundation and missed a gas pipe inside the crawl space by about 2 inches. I was back at my old house in Maryland at the time getting ready to move. He never did ground the dish.:rolleyes:

The kid who upgraded me to a 622 in 2007, had never seen a 942. He did do a good job with the installation though.

Yes installers when I had a CD player installed in my car, in the trunk, the guy put a screw through my gas tank.
That little hole cost the HH Greg over $700 to fix. They sure did NOT make any money on that CD palyer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts