Need some opinions from the experts

sammy4041

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Eau Claire, WI
I am considering going from Dish to Direct. My reasons for doing so are not in haste, but in greed. I have been waiting for quite awhile for our local WEUX FOX to transmit in HD. I was under the impression that it would be SOON and that was back last fall. So I guess I am getting kind of impatient.

Direct does offer our DMA in HD as of a few months ago and that does include FOX, not to mention no more drop outs on the stations we get marginally with an antenna.

I have been debating this move for awhile. I will miss the DVR and other great aspects about dish. I guess I was wondering if I am being petty about this or would other people make the same choice I am if there was a viable programming improvment switching to Direct. I guess for me it comes down to one channel, FOX.

With that said, is there any chance with the new satellites coming on board that a DMA like Lacrosse would be getting HD SOON.

Thanks for your time.

I am considering going from Dish to Direct. My reasons for doing so are not in haste, but in greed. I have been waiting for quite awhile for our local WEUX FOX to transmit in HD. I was under the impression that it would be SOON and that was back last fall. So I guess I am getting kind of impatient.

Direct does offer our DMA in HD as of a few months ago and that does include FOX, not to mention no more drop outs on the stations we get marginally with an antenna.

I have been debating this move for awhile. I will miss the DVR and other great aspects about dish. I guess I was wondering if I am being petty about this or would other people make the same choice I am if there was a viable programming improvment switching to Direct. I guess for me it comes down to one channel, FOX.

With that said, is there any chance with the new satellites coming on board that a DMA like Lacrosse would be getting HD SOON.

Thanks for your time.

I don't think there is any way to know for sure whether Lacrosse is in the crosshairs or not. It wasn't on the list of HD locals added to a Ciel 2 table last week although that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Ciel 2 will have a lot of spotbeam capacity so a lot of locals should be added eventually. I would say that if you want the locals and they are important to you, you should make the switch to D*. You can always return to E* after your commitment is finished with D* should that be your desire. I know D* has some decent pricing for a year or so. My sister got a $25 per month reduction for 18 months for an 18 month commitment plus a free HD DVR and a free HD receiver. I don't know if the AAA promotion is still in effect or not. That would be an additional saving.

I don't think there is any way to know for sure whether Lacrosse is in the crosshairs or not. It wasn't on the list of HD locals added to a Ciel 2 table last week although that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Ciel 2 will have a lot of spotbeam capacity so a lot of locals should be added eventually. I would say that if you want the locals and they are important to you, you should make the switch to D*. You can always return to E* after your commitment is finished with D* should that be your desire. I know D* has some decent pricing for a year or so. My sister got a $25 per month reduction for 18 months for an 18 month commitment plus a free HD DVR and a free HD receiver. I don't know if the AAA promotion is still in effect or not. That would be an additional saving.

Thanks for the input

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts