CM 7777 and Cable TV

jtrippe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Wetumpka, Alabama
I have a CM 7777 pre-amp that I no longer need for an antenna because I now get all of my local digitals throught my LG 4200A using qam. The signal quality on the analog channels is very grainy and the HD is not as good as the OTA. Can I use the 7777 as an amp to boost the cable tv signal?

The amplifier must have something to work with. It sounds like a degraded signal by the time you are getting it and amplifying it won't bring back the quality. If it were me I would be questioning the cable co. as to why I am paying them for such a poor quality signal. If an amplifier has any possibility of working, they should be the ones to provide it.

I have a CM 7777 pre-amp that I no longer need for an antenna because I now get all of my local digitals throught my LG 4200A using qam. The signal quality on the analog channels is very grainy and the HD is not as good as the OTA. Can I use the 7777 as an amp to boost the cable tv signal?

An amplifier will not change quality differences in digital television between OTA and cable. With digital you either get a picture or you don't.

Poor cable reception is the responsibility of your cable company. Call them and have them tune up their amplifiers. I had to do that about every 6 months when I had cable - part of the reason I NO LONGER have cable.

Alternatively, if the cable company is providing you with a good clear signal coming into your house, your distribution system may be degrading the signal and a rebuild of the wiring inside might be in order. You may need a distribution amplifier if you have too many splits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)