CM4228 Pre-amped

JRL

Original poster
May 13, 2004
Has anyone tried putting a channel master pre-amp on a CM4228 8-bay. On the packaging of thier pre-amp it claims to increase something by 20 times. I just got a quick look at it in the store so am not sure what it increases by 20 times. I am looking to pick up sutro tower in San Francisco. I am about 70 miles away to the south in Morgan Hill.

Jake

Pre-amp worked wonders for me. The antenna guy hooked the antenna up first, and we only got a few channels. After he installed the amp, we get everything now!

-John

It's best to go w/the largest antenna you can handle and then add a pre-amp if you need to.

JRL said:
Has anyone tried putting a channel master pre-amp on a CM4228 8-bay. On the packaging of thier pre-amp it claims to increase something by 20 times. I just got a quick look at it in the store so am not sure what it increases by 20 times.

I just thought I'd say too that I recently purchased a CM 4228 and waiting for it to come in the mail and for all these hurricanes to go by, and I purchased a CM 7777 pre-amp to go along with it (which I've already received) and I'm proud to say that it even makes a HUGE difference in signal quality hooked up to my Silver Sensor, so I suspect that the pre-amp would also do wonders for you!

~Alan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts