Cmt music on dish?

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Will cmt music be added to dish with the new agreement? It's one of the few viacom channels dish doesn't carry yet.

Cmt music used to be vh1 country. It shows mostly country music videos and programming. They renamed it in December or January I believe.

It was vh1 country then cmt pure country then on January 4th they renamed it cmt music.

I'm going to be that guy who drags out the dead horse and derails the discussion. So here we go.

I have no use for the Viacom music channels, as they only pander to country and the pop rap communities. It's disgusting that MTVX was blown up for what is mow BET Jams, and that BET Jazz was blown up for Centric. How many channels are (in title and in actually) dedicated country? Forget wasting transponder space for yet another outlet for one of the two over saturated music genres. Let's use that space to add more of the internet only music offerings from SiriusXM or something simular.

I'm going to be that guy who drags out the dead horse and derails the discussion. So here we go.

I have no use for the Viacom music channels, as they only pander to country and the pop rap communities. It's disgusting that MTVX was blown up for what is mow BET Jams, and that BET Jazz was blown up for Centric. How many channels are (in title and in actually) dedicated country? Forget wasting transponder space for yet another outlet for one of the two over saturated music genres. Let's use that space to add more of the internet only music offerings from SiriusXM or something simular.
There's a reason why they were blown up and reformatted, it's called low ratings.

These niche channels don't get a lot of eyeballs watching so in order to make the channel gain some profits, they blow it up and reformat the channel.

It's just like the radio industry.

Now back on topic, I doubt this channel gets added to the Dish lineup.

Sent from my RCT6773W22B using Tapatalk

They don't a get lot of eyeballs, because the powers that be over emphasize those two genres, and over saturate it with the same play lists on every platform. That's why Viacom's music channels are in the crapper, JUST LIKE THE RADIO INDUSTRY!!!

After they add the Military History Channel, and bring back Ovation, then we can worry about adding more of Viacom's lousy cable channels. We already have 18 of theirs, do we need 19 now?

CMT music, mtv hits and mtv u show what cmt, vh1 and mtv were created for. Get this music videos. Drop cmt and add cmt music for all I care.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts