Status
Please reply by conversation.

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
This is a note from John Ferguson at NPS concerning the analog Turner Networks, he posted this the 19th on another board:

I just received the word from management. CNN, CNNHL, TBS, TNT, Cartoon
will stay analog until further notice. NPS has worked out a deal to provide
c-band analog support for these channels with Turner. We will continue to sell them as we are, ala-carte, etc, Until Further Notice.

So, this is the update:
CNN, CNNHl, TBS, TNT, Cartoon-NPS paying tier bit fees and will continue analog support for these channels. NPS will be the only provider for these
channels.
WE, IFC-waiting on permission from Rainbow Media Group to provide on x4, via HITS
NICK East-NPS reuplink
Comedy-NPS reuplink
Golf-waiting on Permission from The Golf Channel to provide on x4 via HITS
E!-NPS reuplink-moving 02-28-2007
Discovery East-in 4dtv Format on C-4, should just transistion
Disney, ABC family-working on this with Disney, hope to have information soon.
WGN-Nps reuplink
ESPN-ESPN 2-will not be available on 4dtv
USA-Sci-fi-staying analog Until Further Notice
Weather-staying analog until further notice
Foxnews-staying analog until further notice
Spike-NPS reuplink
Courtv-NPS reuplink on gb-580-already up and running to all ADP and Digital Essentials Subscribers

Thank you,

John Ferguson, C-band & Consumer Electronics Sales , www.callnps.com, www.allamericandirect.com, 1-800-444-3474 ext 599, jferguson@allamericandirect.com

I talked with Turner Networks the other day, the talk is (nothing confirmed yet) that Cartoon Network will be the first to go up for conversion to Power Vu. After complete, the analog will be gone. Remember Court TV ended the DC II feed earlier then thought because the conversion went so well. If I hear anything, I'll pass it along.

I got to take time to put one back up. I have a dish located, I just have to get it out of the yard when I have a moment. I have a FTA receiver which I will more then likely go with IA13 for the moment. I have a dual feedhorn as well.

Very cool to hear! I saw a message on my VCII messages the other night concerning these being shut down, nice to know I will still have my programming that I pay for (for a while ;) )

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts