CNN HD Is here, Now LIVE!

Oliver Twist got "something" to eat. We just got the HD equivalent of Oliver's gruel. Now we have to draw straws to see who's going to ask Mr. Bumble for more!

See ya
Tony <-- Thinks CNN HD is a waste of bandwidth since nothing he has seen in the last 24 hours has been HD except the crawl
Tony,
Several shows are in HD on CNN. American Morning, Lou Dobbs Tonight, Anderson Cooper 360 and Your Money. Essentially the ones in NYC. But certainly not my most watched channels.

Anybody had any surround sound engage with this channel? It seems front, center channel heavy (duh) without much going on with the rears or the LFE.

=====Sad commentary========
You people complaining about CNN HD and asking Dish to carry Fox News HD instead give conservatives a bad name. Fox News HD doesn't even exist yet!

Dish has enough problems getting capacity for HD. You want them to do time travel, too? :rolleyes:

Fox News HD: What's Taking So Long?
=========================

Anybody had any surround sound engage with this channel? It seems front, center channel heavy (duh) without much going on with the rears or the LFE.

=====Sad commentary========
You people complaining about CNN HD and asking Dish to carry Fox News HD instead give conservatives a bad name. Fox News HD doesn't even exist yet!

Dish has enough problems getting capacity for HD. You want them to do time travel, too? :rolleyes:

Fox News HD: What's Taking So Long?
=========================

Didn't DirecTV add timre travel back in January? Dish is behind again I am writing charlie to complain!

I have not hada chance to watch much. Are the DC studios in HD?

Not at this time, although they are probably planning to update them and other major studios. I would like to see more of their field reports go HD. I see this slowly beginning to happen on other Network news stations.

This is what I can't figure out, as one poster said here that the NY studio is HD ready where as the studio in Atlanta is not. What difference does that make? Isn't after all it's tossing the old cameras out for HD one's or is it more too it?

This is what I can't figure out, as one poster said here that the NY studio is HD ready where as the studio in Atlanta is not. What difference does that make? Isn't after all it's tossing the old cameras out for HD one's or is it more too it?

Hehe... cameras... Only cameras? You wish. You are forgetting about all the processing and editing equipment necessary to broadcast.

What it takes to produce an HD newscast - Engadget HD

Ok.. The verdict is in, in my opinion.. CNN HD on Dish has a much softer picture than DirecTV. Not sure why.. Anyone know if Dish is bit starving CNN more than normal?

After repeated switching between the two, Dish needs to up the PQ.

I know we don't know for sure that the rez/bandwidth on the D* MPEG4 channels are but IIRC you can with E*, wonder what the numbers are for there new HD channels are?

The election coverage on CNN is sooo much better in HD.

It's like night and day. There is room for more numbers and returns along the sides and everything is much clearer and easier to read.

Never said that there wasn't a great difference in the HD picture.. My comment was based solely on the PQ difference between the two sat companies.. Yes it looks very good on Dish.. But the PQ is just a little sharper on DirecTV. If you don't have both systems side by side to compare then you can't honestly see this difference..

The election coverage on CNN is sooo much better in HD.

It's like night and day. There is room for more numbers and returns along the sides and everything is much clearer and easier to read.

I am not a CNN fan but Fox and MSNBC better hurry up. I watched the post election coverage and the HD made CNN the hands down winner. I may have to swallow my conservative impulses and watch CNN from now on. CNN is one of the clearest HD channels I have, very comparable to HDNews on Voom.

I am not a CNN fan but Fox and MSNBC better hurry up. I watched the post election coverage and the HD made CNN the hands down winner. I may have to swallow my conservative impulses and watch CNN from now on. CNN is one of the clearest HD channels I have, very comparable to HDNews on Voom.

Yeah, it was great! I've watched very little MSNBC since CNN HD came to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts