CNN SD

Sooner02

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Ever since I've had dish, I've noticed how poor a quality CNN SD is. Has anyone else noticed how low resolution/blocky this channel is? Even on my CRT set it looks blocky, espeically on people's faces that are in movement/talking. There are plenty of other SD channels that the digital artifacts are not this noticeable or apparent. Is this something I can fix or is it just the way it is? MSNBC and Fox news aren't this bad.

what rcvr do you have, how are you connected, any equipment in the line between the rcvr and tv..any and all these items can cause the issue your having? I personally do not have this problem...

what rcvr do you have, how are you connected, any equipment in the line between the rcvr and tv..any and all these items can cause the issue your having? I personally do not have this problem...
I have a vip722, connected with hdmi to tv1 and coaxial to tv2. There is no other equipment between the receiver and tv. Granted the channel is watchable, it's just not as sharp or clear to me as basic cable pq.

Anyone else have a gripe with standard def digital video quality?

The only SD channels I hae problem with is my locals.. .They are HORRIBLE in SD....Especially our ABC channel.. it's really bad...I can turn my dish off and get my locals from cable in much better quality!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)