CNN Sues FEMA, Wins Injunction Against Limitations on News Gathering

Status
Not open for further replies.
korsjs said:
that is what i said in my post. if any news company wants their to get their own boat to go looking for dead bodies, all the power to them. but i don't think the govenment has to provide a taxi service for them.
agreed.

CPanther95 said:
The argument about someone seeing a dead relative on TV is a little overblown. They could always mosaic the face if necessary, but closeups aren't really necessary to get the info out anyway.

Yes but since when has the press been that trustworthy as to exhibit common decency? IMO the only deadbodies shown should be under a sheet.

vurbano said:
You are DEAD wrong Sean. As a conservative republican and a member of my City's EOC I am very aware who is responsible for getting people out before it hits and I very much wanted the numbers reported and the body count placed directly on the murderers Nagin and Blancos' shoulders. "i couldnt get drivers for my busses" what a crock! I cant see any reason why the feds would want to cover that up.
Vurb,

Take a breath.... It sounds to me that you and Sean are in agreement. The feds shouldn't cover up any death toll numbers right??

Chado said:
Vurb,

Take a breath.... It sounds to me that you and Sean are in agreement. The feds shouldn't cover up any death toll numbers right??
The feds didnt want the reporters tagging along. They would be the ones accused of a cover up not Nagin.

vurbano said:
Yes but since when has the press been that trustworthy as to exhibit common decency? IMO the only deadbodies shown should be under a sheet.

Agree.

NightRyder

korsjs said:
that is what i said in my post. if any news company wants their to get their own boat to go looking for dead bodies, all the power to them. but i don't think the govenment has to provide a taxi service for them.

I agree 100%. What is the unfortunate thing is the need for any news organization to show the grizzly photos to stir up emotions, for politics, or ratings.

Madtown HD Junkie said:
I agree 100%. What is the unfortunate thing is the need for any news organization to show the grizzly photos to stir up emotions, for politics, or ratings.

I guess Anderson Cooper wants some photos for his next Bush bashing session on the Bill Maher show:rolleyes:

juan said:
.....Guess who controls the broadcast licenses THE FCC!! If you have ever had the oppurtunity to see another countries newscast you would be surprised how much "news" is actually held back from the american public!!!

I agree with you juan 100%.
If it wasn't CNN journalists and others who arrived in New Orleans and not only saw things - but yelled and screamed about them, before local and federal government agencies even heard or bothered about it - we still would hear "Great job done Mr Brown, no problems, all under control !"
To me, it was like a wake up call for some journalists, who realised what they can do - if they want to. - Reporting, telling us, what they see AND feel and not just a staged report.
I also was impressed, after CNN filed this suit against FEMA , in the same moment, they made clear, that they are NOT after showing dead bodies floating around - they are capable of showing the misery without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)