Cnn World Anyone??

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Seems like when I had VOOM there were 3 CNN versions available. CNN Headline/CNN/CNN World. Does anyone carry CNN World anymore?? I am tired of these endless entertainment programs that have taken over the news on MSNBC and CNN.

Tvlman said:
Yep, that's it.CNN International from London with World News. What gives???

DISH carried it when it was paired with CNNfn (Financial News). CNN-International ran overnight and on weekends with CNNfn running days and evenings, When CNNfn was discontinued by Time/Warner, they offered E* and D* CNN International 24/7. Neither satellite service was able to reach an agreement with Time/Warner to carry it. So now we are left with the vastly inferior U.S. "24 hour" cable "news" stations (all Jon Benet, all the time) and the occasional BBC World newscasts on BBC-America.

CNN-International is carried outside the U.S. and I believe on Time/Warner cable systems. It is vastly superior in outlook and content to CNN/U.S. (different editorial apparatus though they use many of the same reporters and reports) and the other cable "news" channels. Its newscasts originate at varying times of the day from Atlanta, Hong Kong, and London where its major international bureaus are located.

DISH should improve our news offerings by reaching an agreement with Time/Warner for carriage of CNN-International. !protest

Last edited:
I really wish that DirecTV would get EuroNews as well. CNN International isn't bad, but EuroNews and BBC World News would be perfect alternatives for an actually balanced portrayal of the news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts