Coax Crimping Tool?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

356B

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 22, 2010
Northern California
Does anyone have preference for TV coax compression tools? I'm going to be cleaning up some cables and want a quality tool.
Thank you

Last edited:
The tool of the hour is actually a swage (aka compression) tool as opposed to a crimp tool. It uses special connectors that are squeezed the long way to swage the fitting onto the cable jacket.

You can see multiple examples at home improvement stores. The connectors typically have plastic inserts that are tapered to capture the sheath as the insert is driven in.

EX-connector.png

Reactions: 356B
That T & B tool's stroke is not long enough to compress PPC Connectors. Have one and paid a lot less than that. The Jonard's stroke is adjustable. Have one. Quality tool. Does all brands of connectors.
I use it with both EX6XL and EX6XL outdoor connectors. It is quite adjustable and certainly suitable for someone who only makes cables occasionally.

That's what I just ordered...I live in the sticks, no big stores for 30 miles.
Make sure you order some connectors to go with it as the crimp type aren't compatible.

The old standby is the PPC EX6XL. I recall reading that the current favorite is the Perfect Vision PV6UE-05.

Reactions: 356B
My T & B tool is about 15 years old. It does not have a adjustable stroke. Maybe they changed the design and you got one that's adjustable. The picture on the link is identical to mine, no adjustments. It worked very well with T & B connectors. When I came across a bag of PPC Connectors is when I discovered the stroke was not long enough. I beleive PPC is now the recommended connector used by satellite and cable. I used spacers til I got the Jonard, a tool I highly recommend.

Maybe $50 is too much for a tool for some members here, but I do this stuff a lot on the side and I wanted a good tool. The T & B was about $70 back in the day.
I use it with both EX6XL and EX6XL outdoor connectors. It is quite adjustable and certainly suitable for someone who only makes cables occasionally.

My T & B tool is about 15 years old. It does not have a adjustable stroke. Maybe they changed the design and you got one that's adjustable. The picture on the link is identical to mine, no adjustments. It worked very well with T & B connectors. When I came across a bag of PPC Connectors is when I discovered the stroke was not long enough. I beleive PPC is now the recommended connector used by satellite and cable. I used spacers til I got the Jonard, a tool I highly recommend.

Maybe $50 is too much for a tool for some members here, but I do this stuff a lot on the side and I wanted a good tool. The T & B was about $70 back in the day.
Thank you for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)