Best DISH CSR experience so far

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ttomni6

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 14, 2011
Maui
Reason for call:
NHL Center Ice Rangers vs. Canadiens 11/25 scheduled for channel 577 via SNET-W feed. Game actually showing at puck drop is Edmonton vs. Carolina. Rangers game is not available on any of the Game Center feeds.

What happened during the call:
Spoke with a rep from a call center lord only knows where. Went through the same discussion - the game is listed in gamefinder at 7pm and for you in Hawaii it's only 2pm (yes, but the games are broadcast live here so the 7pm listing is EST but we get it now!).

Also went through the explanation that a game usually has a feed from both the home town city and the visiting team city.

I asked if there was someone who could "flip a switch" in the control room or something to that effect so that we would get the Rangers/Canadiens game instead.

There were several interludes where she would check to see what could be done but it seemed to turn out that there was nothing that could be done so a credit was going to be issued to my account to make up for the lost game...

BUT BUT BUT...

while we were speaking, the Edmonton/Carolina game went to that screen for NHL Center Ice that says "Check Back for Sports Programming". About 5 minutes after our call ended, the Rangers/Canadiens game actually came on after being switched to SNET-E feed!

THE REASON I"M THANKFUL...
Yes, it's only a game and the Rangers really played poorly in this one and lost in a humiliating fashion. However, my father in NY watches the game (FIOS - had to drop DISH to get him MSG) back in NY and I watch the same game here. We speak at various breaks and intermissions to discuss the game. And since my mother passed away just about 2 and a half weeks ago, he's now all alone and these discussions are a way to help keep his mind distracted and fill some of his time. So for me now, the game is more than just a game and I am thankful that the DISH CSR was able to actually get the feed changed so my father and I could have our conversations.

Like I said - this was the best DISH CSR interaction ever. Thank you. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Since it's Thanksgiving I'll go with the CSR made it happen...
turkey-1995.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)