Coax to HDMI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

teid

Original poster
May 11, 2006
My house is pre-wired with coax running from a hub in a closet in the basement to each room in which I want to have a TV. I want to install a 211 receiver in the basement. Is there any way I can use my existing coax to transmit HDMI so that I will be able to connect the HDMI signal to any TV? I do not want to have to rewire my house or buy/lease a receiver for each TV? I do no mind TVs sharing the same signal or watching the same channel.

I want to go Receiver --> HDMI output --> Conversion to Coax --> Coax thru walls --> Another Room --> Conversion back to HDMI --> TV

Is this possible? Any conversters that can do this?

Thanks.

My house is pre-wired with coax running from a hub in a closet in the basement to each room in which I want to have a TV. I want to install a 211 receiver in the basement. Is there any way I can use my existing coax to transmit HDMI so that I will be able to connect the HDMI signal to any TV? I do not want to have to rewire my house or buy/lease a receiver for each TV? I do no mind TVs sharing the same signal or watching the same channel.

I want to go Receiver --> HDMI output --> Conversion to Coax --> Coax thru walls --> Another Room --> Conversion back to HDMI --> TV

Is this possible? Any conversters that can do this?

Thanks.
No, coax cannot not pass HD digital video. You could, however, use the modulated CH3/4 coax output to the other TVs, but they will only be Standard Def.

Well, to be accurate, Coax can pass HD Digital video (I use coax to connect to my OTA antenna and my LNBs). But you are right in that there is no way I know of that will convert a HDMI signal to one that could be carried by a coax cable.

Well, to be accurate, Coax can pass HD Digital video (I use coax to connect to my OTA antenna and my LNBs). But you are right in that there is no way I know of that will convert a HDMI signal to one that could be carried by a coax cable.
Yeh, that's what I meant. It just didn't type out that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts