Cod4

Heavie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Maryland
Ok, I got the call of duty 4 for the pc. Is any one else enjoying this game. Also I'm playng Painkiller: Overdose for the pc. I have all the painkiller game for the pc and I am a big fan. Looking forward to BlackSite: Area 51 for the pc. O'yeah don't forget Assassin Creed for the ps3 or 360, Timeshift for the pc and Crysis for the pc. Did I mention Mass Effect?

Once I get all those games, I need a three day blizzard to chill home and enjoy them.

I have Call of Duty 4 for the 360 and I love this game. I got to play in the beta and knew right away it was nothing like COD3 which was a great thing.

Just got it yesterday, I like it to and even more once I get the hang of things. Sorry Ramy I did not accept your invite last night. I was trying out campaign..

I got it last night for the 360. I haven't touched single player yet, but leveled up to 13 last night on multiplayer.

Just got it yesterday, I like it to and even more once I get the hang of things. Sorry Ramy I did not accept your invite last night. I was trying out campaign..

You just didn't want me to kill you over and over again. Come on, admit it. ;) :D

I got my copy this morning played the signal player some during lunch. So far one of the best programs I have played so far this year if not the best. I played the COD and COD 2 but COD4 is by far their best work so far. I'm going to finish the SP side of things then I will jump into the Multi. Either way I recommend this program to everyone oh if I can I usually play by ShipWreck. :)

I plan on purchasing a copy very, very soon. It looks so badass, Halo 3 is keeping me busy with it's achievments and skulls. From what I hear looks like I'll be satisfied for quite sometime with my Xbox :)

Call of Duty 4's Xbox 360 vs. PS3 comparison video - Joystiq

I haven't played it other than a little bit of time with the beta, probably going to pick up the PC version. The link above shows a quality comparison for the 2 games, my bias makes me think the 360 looks a little better, but it's marginal, just nitpicky particle effects that would not be a noticable difference if I was sitting and playing one vs the other I don't think.

Good title showing a quality game can be made nearly identical for both platforms, good for consumer choice.

Now for the next gen (post PS3/360) to adopt some kind of standard for same-title games to be able to play vs/with each other as well as PC opponenets...

I bough the PS3 version. It's incredible. I have way too much to play right now. And in the next few weeks it's just game overload lol.

I also rented teh 360 version. Nearly identical IMO. I can't tell much of a difference except slightly better textures on the ps3. And honestly, its not enough a noticable difference to be nit picky about. So I'm just enjoying hte game. There is never a shortage of people on PSN either. 24 hours I can play a game. It's very nice considering my sleeping schedule stays so out of whack these days with parties and studying

I bough the PS3 version. It's incredible. I have way too much to play right now. And in the next few weeks it's just game overload lol.

I also rented teh 360 version. Nearly identical IMO. I can't tell much of a difference except slightly better textures on the ps3. And honestly, its not enough a noticable difference to be nit picky about. So I'm just enjoying hte game. There is never a shortage of people on PSN either. 24 hours I can play a game. It's very nice considering my sleeping schedule stays so out of whack these days with parties and studying

Yea i think i will buy the PS3 version also!

I read that the single player is only 5 hours long. Is this true? If it is that is disappointing.

dude, seriously, I been noticing you hbait in the forums lately... and I have to say you seem to be one for trolling.

COD4 is great, multiplayer is sweet, and frankly thats where the replay value is, but who doesn't know that I mean the broad band exist for a reason... ;)

Personally I would rather play offline and play the story more than playing online with other people. Sure there are exceptions like Halo 3, but games like ghost recon 2 and such I just would rather play offline. Therefore if the story was only 5 hours long this would be disappointing for ME. I wasn't trying to make it seem as if the game isn't good, I'm just saying that I am disappointed because of the offline play.

I have to agree with jgags6. I am a big fan of a long game and good story in single mode. I love cod4, but this big focus on multi player mode is pissing me off. Single mode is getting shorter and shorter. It seem game developer think every gamer plays online. I won't pick up a game that is multiplayer only and seem to be a few of them out now.

Lets get back to making fairly long single mode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)