Code 04 on recordings

fuzzfacefrombboard

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 4, 2011
Missouri
Over the past two days I've had several recordings not be playable. They show an error 04. What would cause this?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The Hopper is detecting a file corruption in the program. You might be OK after a hard reboot. But this usually points to failing Hard Drive, and you will probably need to replace it. Went through this myself a few weeks ago.

A reset will usually resolve this issue, but as KAB said, this does sound like the beginning of a hard drive failure. If this happens again or you have any other issues with your receiver or recordings, we may need to replace that receiver for you!

A reset will usually resolve this issue, but as KAB said, this does sound like the beginning of a hard drive failure. If this happens again or you have any other issues with your receiver or recordings, we may need to replace that receiver for you!
Actually Becki, a reset (red button) did not correct the problem. Only a hard (pull plug) reboot did.

Thanks, all. It just seemed odd because it was on about 5 recordings throughout the day and night across multiple tuners, but not all recording were corrupted (let's say 5 out of 15). I did a hard reboot at lunch today so we'll see if it continues.

Fuzzface, if a hard reboot does get you back, you need to start transferring any programs you want to keep to an EHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts