Code 1599

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DAlbert199

Original poster
May 31, 2020
Marengo, Iowa
Every half hour for the past 3 days my receiver tries to run an update showing a 1599 Code. Then the Hopper 3 with Sling shows starting up. It is starting to get very annoying. I have contacted support 4 times. 2 times they told me it was an Engineering problem on their end and my take up to a week to resolve. one tech wanted to send out a new receiver. I told them NO. I have tried multiples to unplug the receiver, wait and plug back in. NOPE. Turned Prime Time for DVR Off. NOPE>

HELP

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Every half hour for the past 3 days my receiver tries to run an update showing a 1599 Code. Then the Hopper 3 with Sling shows starting up. It is starting to get very annoying. I have contacted support 4 times. 2 times they told me it was an Engineering problem on their end and my take up to a week to resolve. one tech wanted to send out a new receiver. I told them NO. I have tried multiples to unplug the receiver, wait and plug back in. NOPE. Turned Prime Time for DVR Off. NOPE>

HELP
If you're not on the most current software, try updating it manually

Reactions: charlesrshell

HELP
Unfortunately, if the receiver is stuck in a 1599 loop like this, it may make it impossible for the receiver to actually finish downloading the new software necessary to fix the problem. I had this happen on a Hopper Duo once. Every time I would try to update the software, the process would start, and then get interrupted by the 1599 and reboot before the software download could finish.

Fortunately, not every receiver with the same software version has this same issue. Unfortunately though, since your particular receiver does have the 1599 issue, then getting a replacement receiver may be your only option to fix it. That was the case when I had my Hopper Duo stuck in a reboot loop. I got a replacement, and the replacement receiver has never had this issue since then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)