COLD LNBF C band

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Mr. Dan any updates?

It is still acting up the lnb is I have switch receivers with no luck no luck with wires. I did take down the lnb and bring it in to the house still the same. When the sun is out like today is its going to start working again. That lnb can't stand the cold. Before I got online today check the lnbf it was only giving me 3880 h transponder, GDMX Feed 3820 transponder V and 3735 H but all of them except 3880 would be breaking up. LESEA channels and PR VI Mux barely trickles in.

Dan Rose

yes that is what came up were those transponder in my last post. using the Micro HD plus tried it out on the nano.

dan rose

So the original TPs were deleted before performing the Blind Scan or did the Blind Scan not find any TPs and the STB logged these channels from the preprogrammed TPs?

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

I always run a detailed blind scan so i can see what comes in just not the pre programmed transponders. when I go and check for example the pr mux or the lesea channels I don't get anything or very little of the PR mux.

Dan Rose

Detailed Scan has nothing to do with deleting or not deleting TPs. If the TPs are not deleted before the Blind Scan, they will also be scanned during channel logging process.

Delete all TPs from 99w then Blind Scan in the regular Blind Scan mode (not detailed). Are the TP frequencies the same as published or different?

Btw... I rarely used detailed blind scan. Only used it if a normal blind scan missed something. You might find more channels during a regular scan than during a detailed scan or visa versa. Just depends how the uplinker configured the table and PIDs.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

ok I check it out when I get home. they are the same tp last time i check before I got online.

Dan rose

or there is rust or other issues with the inside part of the connection of coax/LNBF that cold contracts the metal just enough to make a suspect connection.
Since it appears to be 'not workin' correctly. I'd be tempted to pop the cover off and look for a cold solder joint and or 'touch up' what I could.

I hooked the lnbf to my nano still the same thing lptv and 2 feeds that's it no pr vi mux channels.

Dan rose

Did you delete the preprogrammed transponders and Blind Scan? Sorry, for sounding like a broken record, but I don't see where this has been reported as being done yet.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

yes I did what you said Brian still the same thing not picking anything expect for LPTV from 95w and 2 other feeds.

Dan rose

And I assume that the two TPs Blind Scanned in on the published frequencies?

If so, the LNB LO frequency is not drifting and this might be the result of a bad solder joint, connection or condensation as previously suggested. Have you tried a different switch and coax jumper to the C-band LNBF?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)