College FB games not available in HD on Fox RSNs?

mhowie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
As I was scrolling through the guide looking for college football games this afternoon/evening, I noticed the games on the Fox RSNs only in SD. Has Dish eliminated the FSN HD broadcasts of college football games this season to its customers? Historically this has not been the case so I wonder if this is yet another example of Dish "de-contenting" its product?

The following link provides info around which games are available in HD: HD Sports Guide - High Definition Schedules and Listings - Football, Baseball, Basketball

Thanks,

Update...I found them...Ch. 444. I guess they consolidated all the bandwidth being consumed by the individual RSNs and are showing the featured FSN HD games on this channel.

I'm surprised a bit that the RSNs are not angry that Dish does not show their local feed with local commercials but instead substitutes a generic feed on an ALT HD channel.

I'm surprised a bit that the RSNs are not angry that Dish does not show their local feed with local commercials but instead substitutes a generic feed on an ALT HD channel.
Aren't they all owned by Fox? If so, Dish probably made a deal with Fox to do it this way.

in most cases yep Derwin

So other than a "local" spot where (as example) they'll say "Catch the Twins Monday at 7 on FS North" there is no difference

This past Saturday the Twins were on at noon so on FS North we didnt get the 1st cfb game...on Directv they put it on FS Wisconsin for us to see

As I was scrolling through the guide looking for college football games this afternoon/evening, I noticed the games on the Fox RSNs only in SD. Has Dish eliminated the FSN HD broadcasts of college football games this season to its customers? Historically this has not been the case so I wonder if this is yet another example of Dish "de-contenting" its product?

The following link provides info around which games are available in HD: HD Sports Guide - High Definition Schedules and Listings - Football, Baseball, Basketball

Thanks,

I have been watching FSW in HD on Channel 444 an Alternate... I had to scroll up a page or two to get there but this past weekend I watched all their games on that channel instead of my normal FSN.... 416. Good luck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)