College football bowl bid acceptances and matchups

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
I'd like to start a thread for the bowl games, starting with teams accepting bids and the matchups once they fill out.

anders, I just found out where the Heels are going:

Report: Meineke Car Care Bowl to take North Carolina as ACC representative - Rutgers University Foootball - NJ.com

This is a real shocker:

Tigers earn Gator Bowl bid : Football : TigersXtra.com

I thought 8-4 Florida State was a lock. A 6-6 team in the GATOR BOWL?!

I'll be keeping an eye out for other bowl acceptances and matchups when they're made.

Let's make the bowl games and all that a separate thread.

If this doesn't work, ramy can always merge it.

I was going to do a bowl thread but Sabres, you beat me to it. That's totally ok. Are you going to review the bowl games? It's hard to get excited about the GMAC Bowl.

Btw, I think this Sunday is the Bowl Selection Show on FOX. Either this Sun. or next Sun., I'm not sure. I just wanted to tell you that.

I was going to do a bowl thread but Sabres, you beat me to it. That's totally ok. Are you going to review the bowl games? It's hard to get excited about the GMAC Bowl.

Yes.

Leading up to Sunday and the official Selection Show, I'll update which teams officially accept bids for the non-BCS games.

Yes, I care about the GMAC Bowl- it's nice to see good teams that you don't hear about. Look at Tulsa- I didn't believe their offense was that good, and they ANNIHILATED Bowling Green!

Yeah I saw that report. Fine by me. I went the game in Charlotte back in '04 when Carolina was last there and had a good time. I will probably go again since it is right after Christmas.

I also saw that NC State will not be able to go to any of the ACC's bowl games so they will likely wind up in the prestigious Motor City Bowl. I hope they play Ball St and get killed.

Yes.

Leading up to Sunday and the official Selection Show, I'll update which teams officially accept bids for the non-BCS games.

Yes, I care about the GMAC Bowl- it's nice to see good teams that you don't hear about. Look at Tulsa- I didn't believe their offense was that good, and they ANNIHILATED Bowling Green!

I agree about seeing good teams in bowls that you don't hear about. I'm just saying are you going to watch the whole game? If you are, that's cool. It's just I might watch a little. By the time, the GMAC Bowl comes, I might be bowled out.

Does anyone know where the loser of the Va Tech-B.C. game will go? Or will it be different depending on who loses?

ACC Bowls (in order of selection)

Orange Bowl - ACCCG Winner (Boston College or Virginia Tech)
Chick-fil-A Bowl - Georgia Tech
Gator Bowl - Clemson
Champs Sports Bowl - Florida State
Music City Bowl - ACCCG Loser (Boston College or Virginia Tech)
Meineke Car Bowl - North Carolina
Emerald Bowl -
Humanitarian Bowl -
EagleBank Bowl -

*note1* ACCCG Loser can not go below the Music City Bowl
*note2* Wake Forest can't play in the EagleBank Bowl as they already played Navy this year.

btw, not to get off topic but does this holiday party apply to us? I was just wondering.
Holiday party ???
Are you referring to the scroll at the top of the page, the annual Sat Guys party ?
then YES it applies to all of us :D

Join in , have a good time !!!

Jimbo

Holiday party ???
Are you referring to the scroll at the top of the page, the annual Sat Guys party ?
then YES it applies to all of us :D

Join in , have a good time !!!

If there's a holiday party, will Sandra wear this?

sexy_santa_386114a.jpg

I just read the rules and I'm confused. I don't understand how you win these gift cards. Is that what they are giving away. Nevertheless, it's really cool that they are doing something this as a special thank you.

Btw, Sabres, who's that hot chick in the Santa outfit.

I just read the rules and I'm confused. I don't understand how you win these gift cards. Is that what they are giving away. Nevertheless, it's really cool that they are doing something this as a special thank you.

Btw, Sabres, who's that hot chick in the Santa outfit.

In previous year, they bought gifts and sent them out to the winners.
This year they decided to give out gift cards :up

I have not read the rules yet, so I can't help on that one.

Jimbo

I just read the rules and I'm confused. I don't understand how you win these gift cards.
You have to be in the holiday chat room during the time of the party. Ever so often, one of the names of the participants is randomly picked and awarded a prize.

My name was drawn last year for the Wii. :D

I am going to create a Bowl games thread after this Sunday when they are all announced and keep it updated with all the results.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)