College Football HD on Sports Channels?

icmroadkill

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Bakersfield, California
Hi. I've searched and can't seem to find the answer to my question. I've been a DISH customer for nearly fifteen years and I've always subscribed to the "sports package" that gives me all the Fox Sports stations around the country. You know, those stations in the 400's. With the kickoff of college football season, Im seeing DISH relegate the HD feed of games to an "alternate" channel, rather than showing the games on each channel. That's not a big deal, but last Saturday there was no HD feed for USC - Washington State or Cal-Arizona. I know that both were in HD, cuz the highlights on ESPN were shown in HD. Anyone know what DISH is doing?

They were both in HD here in SoCal with the sports pack.

They have just been providing 1 HD feed of each of the games if they are truly regional on FSN this season and putting it on the HD ALT channels around the 444, 445. That is your best bet to start looking. I think that was where I found the ASU-Cal feed.

The SC-Wazoo feed was on the Fox Sports Northwest channel 426, but it did not start showing the game in HD until the Tennesse-UAB overtime game on like 446 or something ended, once it did 426 HD lit up, like mid 2nd quarter, though the quality was very low for a HD game.

I saw both of these games you reference in HD this weekend, hope this helps you find em next time.

I was suprised that in the NYC Metro area, SNY HD was lit during the Big East Game of the Weekend this past weekend, when UConn was playing.
Other than that, even though I do not subscribe to the sports pack, one can usually watch(so far) the FSN National HD broadcasts - that includes 1 Big12 and 1 PAC-10 Football match per Saturday, the UEFA Champions League match, some college bball games, too.

If Dish is going to move HD college football / basketball to ALT channels, then move *all* of them - remember that those with EA don't get HD feeds to the west coast RSNs, and those with WA don't get HD feeds of many east coast RSNs.

If Dish is going to move HD college football / basketball to ALT channels, then move *all* of them - remember that those with EA don't get HD feeds to the west coast RSNs, and those with WA don't get HD feeds of many east coast RSNs.

Does 61.5 still have the EA RSN HD feeds or did they move?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)