College Football PPV not in HD?

joelwnelson

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 3, 2010
Hazelwood, Missouri
PPV ordering info for Saturday's college football games was announced yesterday and I was surprised to see the Nebraska vs. Western KY PPV game is not in HD (channel 466). A big deal was made locally about how the game would be produced in HD and uplinked in HD, so the suggested retail price is $10 higher this year than last... local cable companies have it in HD as does DirecTV, but unless I'm missing something it looks like DISH is only going to have the SD version tomorrow... while still charging $40, same as the HD version on other providers.

Is there an alternate channel where HD PPV games sometimes go (I haven't checked the high thousands channels in the Guide yet) or am I probably out of luck on wanting to see this game in HD?

You expected to see football in HD? Dish can't even do all of the baseball games in HD because they don't have the HD capacity. Wait another month until hockey and basketball are on. I left Dish last month after 12 years because of this.

I figured if some boxing or wrestling event that's still a couple weeks off is in HD, surely a football game featuring one of the nation's top ten programs would be...
At least every sports bar (with D*)... or a friend's house with cable :( ... will have the game. Otherwise satisfied with my new-as-of-this-summer Dish service, with sports/regional sports being one exception...

The same issue is happening with the Oklahoma/Utah State game. Direct TV and UVerse are getting the PPV game in HD but Dish... well.. yeah, thinking about leaving it after 14 years.

No ESPN-UHD, No ESPN News HD, and now I can't even BUY a game being produced in HD, but that Katy Perry concert is on in HD. :cool:

This is the reason I am holding off on getting HD as long as possible. It sounds as if you can really get too used to it and anything less is unacceptable.

This is the reason I am holding off on getting HD as long as possible. It sounds as if you can really get too used to it and anything less is unacceptable.

No reason to hold off, Dish Network is the ONLY provider out there that half asses it when it comes to HD sports. Every provider provides local RSN's in full time HD, all the time. Yea dish offers a great selection for everything else when they are not yanking channels, but I do have to give them one thing, they are consitantly missing out on HD sports. Its sad as its very basic programming that people shouldnt have to worry about not getting! ;)

the College Football PPV package, it's an ESPN thing and i bet it was another victim of the recent Dish/Disney Dispute.

The Nebraska games last week and this ARE NOT PART of the ESPN thing. They are not part of game plan, they are not managed or distributed by ESPN and many of the support people at Dish and Direct don't "get" this either. If there is a reboadcast during the week it is on the regional fox chanels. The cost for a SINGLE PPV game under this plan this year is basicly $40. They are basicly a Fox Sports produced PPV

On another note it sounds DTV had a lot of issues with the PPV today for the Husker game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)