College Game Plan

Cameron3395

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
Are these games in HD? The channels don't have the HD emblem on them. That sucks if so.

Yes, thank you very much. I just chatted with Dish and they told me it would be in HD if I had a hd receiver which I do. I specifically asked if the game on channel 458 would be in HD and they said yes. Hope they aren't trying to rip me off cause I don't want it if not in HD.

Hope they aren't trying to rip me off....

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Tom H.
(03) Tom H: Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer. How may I assist you?
Cameron Priest: Is the college football games that are ppv in HD?
(03) Tom H: I'd be happy to assist you with that Cameron.
(03) Tom H: Yes, some of the games are on HD as well.
(03) Tom H: What game are you looking for?
Cameron Priest: Arkansas vs. Missouri St.
(03) Tom H: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
(03) Tom H: In order to better assist you I will need to access your account. Can you please provide your home telephone number or the 16 digit account number listed on your DISH Network bill statement?
Cameron Priest: ###-###-####
(03) Tom H: Thank you.
(03) Tom H: Yes, You can get them in HD as well.
(03) Tom H: If you have HD receiver then you will receive in HD.
(03) Tom H: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Cameron Priest: So if I ordered the game on channel 458 it will be in HD?
(03) Tom H: That is correct.
(03) Tom H: Ordering can be done via your remote or www.dishnetwork.com for no additional fee, you can call in and order via your phone for a $1.50 processing fee, or you can order via a customer service agent for a $5.00 transaction fee.

If you order a Pay-Per-View through an agent or online then you will receive it automatically on all the receivers
(03) Tom H: Would you like to order through me?
Cameron Priest: Can I just order it with remote?
(03) Tom H: Yes.
(03) Tom H: This game is only available in Arkansas.
Cameron Priest: Ok thank you for your help.
(03) Tom H: It is blacked out everywhere else.
Cameron Priest: That's fine. I live in AR
(03) Tom H: Thank you.
(03) Tom H: You are all set. Have I handled everything to your satisfaction?
Cameron Priest: Yes, thank you
(03) Tom H: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.

Well since channel 458 is an SD channel it is not possible for it to be HD on that channel. I just did a search through the channels and I don't see this being in HD anywhere. I think you're screwed.

I know that but if you read the chat they told me it would be in HD but the channel doesn't list it.

I've had ESPN Full-Court the last few years for basketball and have NEVER gotten a game in HD. I would suggest signing up for the Multi Sports Package for $5.99 a month. I just did last week mainly for NFL Red-Zone, but I'm loving it today with all the football games available, many of which are in HD. I will definitely keep it for the basketball season and forgo ESPN Full-Court. Just my $0.02.

Sorry fellow arkansan, but we are in SD today. the person on chat doesn't know much, i ordered it yesterday on my 722 and then remembered that since i used the remote i wouldn't be able to view on the other receiver i have. so i went to chat and they were told me that i would only be able to view it on the receiver i purchased it on, but if i ordered it online then it would available to all receivers. i thought that was retarded so i sent a twitter to dish and they told me that i could just order it on the other receiver and it would not double charge me. i believe twitter is my new go to for customer service, not quite as quick but the people there are much more in the know. well less than three hours to kickoff, gotta go get the grill ready.

GO HOGS!! WHOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

I've had ESPN Full-Court the last few years for basketball and have NEVER gotten a game in HD. I would suggest signing up for the Multi Sports Package for $5.99 a month. I just did last week mainly for NFL Red-Zone, but I'm loving it today with all the football games available, many of which are in HD. I will definitely keep it for the basketball season and forgo ESPN Full-Court. Just my $0.02.

I agree, caught some division II football in HD VIA the sportspack, its a nice deal with ESPN, ESPN2, locals, ABC night game and a sprinkle of Sportspack games during college football season its a nice assortment of games

I agree, caught some division II football in HD VIA the sportspack, its a nice deal with ESPN, ESPN2, locals, ABC night game and a sprinkle of Sportspack games during college football season its a nice assortment of games
I agree! I got my Platinum charges off my bill and added the Sports Package. Very pleased so far and am looking forward to the Red zone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)