Colorado Voomers

Colorado Jeff--any luck?

No posts in the thread for 5 days. Is everyone on vacation?

And where is sat4me? I've read some recent stuff in other threads. Are you in California now?

Hey Stone Man,

Thanks for inquiring. Makes me feel wanted. :D

I check in every once in a while. Didn't see the COLO. thread too often on the first page. Thanks for keeping it ALIVE!

Yes, I have been in CALI, most of last and this month, back now for the afternoon thunderstorms!

Have had little time to VOOM lately, but all is good with my systems. No Problems!

I'll try to keep up with you all

VOOM Installed - KMGH-DT = 86!!!

Hey All!!

I got my Voom installed yesterday. The installer used a WineGuard Sensar (sp?) antenna - mounts right on the dish mast. Not sure I had heard of that one on this forum before - looks like a large bird / small eagle flying, sort of.

I am happy to report I'm able to get KMGH-DT (ABC affiliate in Denver) with a signal strength of 86!!! Installer said out of more than 3 dozen installs, I was the 4th one he'd seen able to get ABC - I decided not to ask him to try to tweak the signal in a little more for fear of losing the whole shebang.

Overall, I'm happy with Voom so far. I've heard people complain about the programming guide, but I think it is better than Comcasts!!!

Anyway, thanks for all the good info here.

sat4me said:
Thanks for inquiring. Makes me feel wanted. :D

You ARE wanted. You are one of the most knowledgeable guys in the whole forum.

GEBrown--welcome. Moving the antenna MIGHT get a little bit better signal on ABC, but be sure to mark the current position before messing with it. I got an upgraded antenna (Winegard PR8800) and get all locals too. But ABC was the toughest to get, and a signal strength of 86 is pretty decent.

Hey all,

I just had voom installed a week and a half ago. The installer was from dish connect and was no a pleasant fellow. I imagine it is because he was having trouble figuring out where to place the dish and OTA, but he kept talking about his next job as if this one wasn't important. I live in a hundred year old house in the Wash Park area. He was really concerned that the local channels would not come in at all due to no line of sight with downtown Denver. He finally decided to mount to my chimney. I also have the Winegard PR8800.

Very happy to report that I get all the local channels except Channel 53. That includes Channel 7. This is my first satellite of any kind, so I am not up on all the terminology, and I don't know how to check the signal strength, but it comes in great. My only complaint is how they broadcast there shows that are not HD. I hate when the stations stretch the image to fit the 16:9 screen. I prefer how nbc and cbs put the bars on the sides of the image for non-hdtv programs.

All in all I am very pleased. I am especially pleased with the NFL Network being a part of the package. LOL, that was more of the reason that I switched from Comcast than the HDTV programming.

Welcome aboard ecrib. To check your signal strength, press the Voom button, and then follow the screen insructions and press the colored buttons to go to System settings, and then Installation settings. You can scroll through the installation settings by pressing the up and down buttons. Keep in mind that the signal strength settings that you will see ONLY pertain to the channel you were viewing whn you entered the installation settings menu. To check signal strength on another channel, you have to back out--change the channel, and then go back to installation settings.

Give it a try, because this is also where you determine what version of the software you have, and whether or not your phone hookup is working.

I need to make a call for a service call now i think. all this rain is making it impossible to watch tv anymore :( i had hoped to wait till the new dishes cause well it hasn't rained this conisistant for a while so i wasn't worried. But now i can only recieve OTA channels and i can't get any signal from my dish at all i haven't tried a hard reboot but the soft reboot didn't help :(

I got my firmware update last night. Anyone else?
No problems yet.
I am now able to get channel 5 out of Cheyenne and shopping channel 25. I am going to plug in the rotor and turn the house to see if anything else comes in. STILL NO ABC CHANNEL 7.
Please post your results.
The HD voom channels look the same.

Update: Channel 5 still locked solid. I am not sure if they provide a HD signal. Navy: CSI is not in HD.
Channel 25 does not look digital. Reception is like analog.
I can get channel 53 if I point south.
No Colorado Springs stations.( I didn't expect any.)
STILL NO ABC CHANNEL 7

No update yet at the Stone household. Still on 5.68, but trying to follow the threads on this new release so I know what I'm doing when it comes in. When they upgraded from 5.06 to 5.68, I was in the last batch of boxes to receive the update. I'm still getting all the locals, including ABC channel 7, so I'm not in any big hurry to get the new stuff.

At 2:12 this morning while I was enjoying the ending of The Jackle in HD:mad: . They downloaded 6.1 I took about 30 or so minutes for the whole process. So far everything seems fine.

No udate yet but the only thing i would complain about is abc7 but i don't think new software would help so i'm not needing it that bad

Sony VPH-1272 Anyone??? Is VOOM DVI-I or DVI-D?

Hi All,

I recently inherited a Sony VPH-1272Q projector and wondered if anyone here also has one or any 127x projector? Actually it's already installed in the house I recently bought and am slowly climbing up the learning curve on it.

Also, does anyone know if the DVI port on the VOOM set top box is DVI-I or DVI-D?? If it's DVI-I then I have an inexpensive way to get HDTV input to the RGBHV ports on my Sony projector.

Thanks in advance.

GE--Voom supplies a DVI-D cable with the installation. I got that info from doing a search for "DVI Connection" in the Voom Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions forum.

Got my update

I'm not quite sure when, but my STB is running 6.1 firmware today.

My 2 cents

CSI in SD Last Night?

My CSI on both CBS channels was running in SD (with sidebars) for about the 1st 15 minutes or so last night. Then it went to HD, with occasional, momentary lapses into SD after commercials, after that. Since it was both channels, I have to assume it was the master feed from CBS.

Did anyone else notice?

The Stone Man said:
GE--Voom supplies a DVI-D cable with the installation. I got that info from doing a search for "DVI Connection" in the Voom Important Information and Frequently Asked Questions forum.
Ummmm? The cables that came with my 2 boxes are DVI-I (singlelink). They work too. It's just that DVI is not nearly as good as componant.

I do have a DVI-D cable that I use for the computer that I have not tried yet.

Couch Patato said:
Ummmm? The cables that came with my 2 boxes are DVI-I (singlelink). They work too. It's just that DVI is not nearly as good as componant.

I do have a DVI-D cable that I use for the computer that I have not tried yet.

Ummm . . I finally found a web site that clearly defines the differences between DVI-I and DVI-D for me. The VOOM box most definitely has a DVI-D port on the back and comes with DVI-D cables. It turns out that DVI-I does BOTH digital and analog. The DVI-I plug has 4 more pins than DVI-D. Those pins are 2 above and 2 below the flat blade on the side of the plug. It is those extra 4 pins that carry the analog signal.

Here's a link to that site

http://www.ramelectronics.net/html/DVI_monitor_cables.html#dvi-f

The single link and dual link cables are available in both DVI-I and DVI-D.

So it looks like I need a $300 transcoder to make my projector work :no

Thanks for the feedback!

No Video!!!

Hi All,

This weekend, one of my VOOM STB's stopped giving me video - I can still see the Menu Guide and the info bar when I change channels and I get audio, but I don't get any video. Very weird. I also tried both component out and DVI out with the same result.

Just thought I'd check here before I called it in to VOOM - has anyone seen this before?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried unplugging power for a few minutes?
What resolution output are you using from receiver? I mean native, 1080i, 720p.
Press the red button under the cover on the right side pull down cover to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts