COLROC/DBACKS/PADRES

Wasn't MLB.TV under $100 for everyone last year ...
Thought you guy were paying like $89.
IF thats the case, thats Quite a jump.

The regular full price is the same as DirecTV charges for MLB Extra Innings, but as the season progresses, the price of MLB.tv gets periodically lowered (and there are also occasional sales that lower the then-current price a bit further -- I think they usually do the first one for Memorial Day, and then one tied to Father's Day, and so on).

Reactions: Jimbo
The regular full price is the same as DirecTV charges for MLB Extra Innings, but as the season progresses, the price of MLB.tv gets periodically lowered (and there are also occasional sales that lower the then-current price a bit further -- I think they usually do the first one for Memorial Day, and then one tied to Father's Day, and so on).
Usually about a week or two before Memorial Day, then for a week after, same for Father’s Day, this is for the online version.

They're no longer testing on satellite, however the feeds are still testing on the stream server, and the teams' press releases have said they expect to announce TV deals by the start of the regular season.

Their spring training games are streaming for free via MLB.tv and some games are being made available for free directly on the teams' websites, so you're probably better off waiting until the start of the regular season before shelling out $99/season or $19.99/mo for something you most likely will be able to get with Choice or higher on DIRECTV or other providers like Fubo.

Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
if you have MLB EI from DirecTV , MLB.TV authentication is working now . i just tested it and able to watch games. so you should be able to watch those teams online (as long as its not your local team )

Reactions: Jimbo
if you have MLB EI from DirecTV , MLB.TV authentication is working now . i just tested it and able to watch games. so you should be able to watch those teams online (as long as its not your local team )
I don't think I was ever able to get my MLB.tv app working last year (I have the EI package) they say to use your D* info, went thru all the steps many times and had them on the phone as well .... they would eventually tell me to give it a day and see if they could get it figured out ... never worked last year ... we'll try again this year.

Edit:
I am successfully logged in to the MLB.TV app ... no dice.
I remember last year and previously they said I may need to Link my account (D* and MLB) before access ...
Last year, the link was on MLB.TV website ...
This year, the website has changed and I don't see the access link to link the service.

Contacted MLB.TV ... she's sending me a link in my email to tell me where to link it ... it was easy to do last year, we'll see this year.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: DirecTVFanSince2016
I don't think I was ever able to get my MLB.tv app working last year (I have the EI package) they say to use your D* info, went thru all the steps many times and had them on the phone as well .... they would eventually tell me to give it a day and see if they could get it figured out ... never worked last year ... we'll try again this year.

Edit:
I am successfully logged in to the MLB.TV app ... no dice.
I remember last year and previously they said I may need to Link my account (D* and MLB) before access ...
Last year, the link was on MLB.TV website ...
This year, the website has changed and I don't see the access link to link the service.

Contacted MLB.TV ... she's sending me a link in my email to tell me where to link it ... it was easy to do last year, we'll see this year.
On a positive not, I got the email and the link took me to the same place it did last year, I just didn't see that anywhere on the website this year ... I signed in with my D* info and it says it was a success. :)

I was able to go down and watch a few videos from earlier ....
Did you know that Jim Leyland is going into the HOF this year ?
Congrats Jim !

He's from my hometown and I've known some of his family over the years.

Anyways, I guess you can't watch games that are Over ???
Maybe just not in the Spring Training ...

I'll have to check tomorrow evening or afternoon and see if any of the ST games are on.

Once I get that going, I'll work on my Roku as well.

Anyways, I guess you can't watch games that are Over ???
Maybe just not in the Spring Training ...
I get MLB.TV through T-Mobile. They archive the televised spring training games a couple hours after the game has ended, so you can watch them on demand.

I get MLB.TV through T-Mobile. They archive the televised spring training games a couple hours after the game has ended, so you can watch them on demand.
Would that be the same with everyone ?
An MLB thing, not the Provider ?

I Am able to watch the clips that are down below the games, I watched the Jim Leyland thing last night.

Does THAT mean I am up and working ?

Would that be the same with everyone ?
An MLB thing, not the Provider ?
Yes.
I Am able to watch the clips that are down below the games, I watched the Jim Leyland thing last night.

Does THAT mean I am up and working ?
Actually no. Assuming you're on desktop, go to mlb.tv, it should still show yesterday's games, so for the BOS-WSH game, try clicking on the blue text that says "MASN". it should take you to the game, starting from the beginning of course.

Yes.

Actually no. Assuming you're on desktop, go to mlb.tv, it should still show yesterday's games, so for the BOS-WSH game, try clicking on the blue text that says "MASN". it should take you to the game, starting from the beginning of course.
Well, I opened the website and the games were at the top, clicked on the Wash / Boston game and its playing ...

Should I be able to watch yesterdays game on the App on TV as well ?

The carriage deals between MLB and DTV, cable, streaming for all 3 teams need to be finalized this week. The ESPN telecasts LAD/SD in Seoul, South Korea will be blacked out in both Dodgers and Padres territories, meaning those in San Diego and Tucson will have to watch those games on Padres.tv (which will be free) and those in Vegas have the option to watch on SNLA via DTV/DTV stream

The 3 channels are in the DTV guide, expect an announcement tomorrow on cable, streaming info. vMVPDs should be just DTV Stream and FuboTV. Cable should be Comcast (Rockies) on the highest sports tier and Cox (Dbacks and Padres)