Colts Vs. Texans

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alvarez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 19, 2004
Brownsburg, IN
I am sitting here watching this game on CBS and thinking how does ANYONE still broadcast in Standard Definition?!?!?

all the games are lookin' pretty ratty today. GB/NO looks like upconverted 480p.

i know. i'm just sayin' that either D* is choking the bandwidth or something...

colebert said:
i know. i'm just sayin' that either D* is choking the bandwidth or something...

That may be but I doubt it... all my HD looks no different than any other week. (yes I know its not full on 1080i) but CBS is not even broadcasting in HD... they didn't even send an HD truck to the game... they don't have enough HD trucks for all their coverage... when Fox, NBC, etc... do

I cannot figure out CBS. FOX has almost all their games in HD and ABC/ESPN have a ton of college football on Saturdays in HD, but CBS can only give us 3 games in HD. They did have both their college games in HD, but God forbid they give us all the NFL. I do think the new contract will make it mandatory in the next couple of years, however.

CBS is only doing 3 Sunday games in HD each week, same as every season prior.

That doesn't justify why the Panthers-Vikes game, FOX, wasn't availble on NFLST SF.

charper1 said:
Who carried it in HD? If someone produced it in HD, it didn't make the HD schedule. Was it local FOX affiliate only? This site lists all regardless of carrier. http://www.hdsportsguide.com/

Noone carried it in D* thats why I pointed out I was upset with CBS not D*

CBS is way behind the times and it gets old every year as the Colts are on CBS a lot. I hate watching them in SD week after week.

charper1 said:
Oh, so you were saying it wasn't even produced HD/

Correct.

That is what boils my blood... EVERY NETWORK does all their Football in HD. Heck most are doing all sports in HD. but CBS.... NOOOOOOO they will do 3 games a week. Just like last year and they did even less I think the year before which is fine that was 2003 but here it is 2006 and everyone has HD full bore EXCEPT CBS.

Pathetic. They did it to me so many times last season and it is OLD.

charper1 said:
Who carried it in HD? If someone produced it in HD, it didn't make the HD schedule. Was it local FOX affiliate only? This site lists all regardless of carrier. http://www.hdsportsguide.com/
It was in 480i WS.

I just wish they would have done that game in HD rather than the Lions-Bears blowout. I can understand that the markets are larger for Chicago and Detroit, but I knew the Carolina-Minnesota game would be closer.

CBS never covers the Texan's games in HD. They have been snubbing them all pre season and will continue to. I know you don't care because you are most likely Colts fans (for good reason). But I am a sick twisted freak who still likes the Texans.

Kind of funny! The man(Manning) that is the biggest advertiser for DirecTv HD and you couldn't even get his game in HD:) My wife and I were born and raised in Indiana. We now live in South Carolina. We watched the Colts in SD tv it was hard to do with all of the other stunning HD pictures on.

The Panthers-Vikings games was not in HD. It was in Fox Widescreen. What you saw on the highlights shows was an upconvert.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)