Columbus cannon causes havoc during 2015 NHL All-Star Game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
This is funny
Columbus cannon causes havoc during 2015 NHL All-Star Game
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-during-2015-nhl-all-star-game-024541389.html

With the final score 17-12(don't ask me who the teams were,or who won,I have no clue & I figure that the team who scored 17 points was the one that won),I guess that cannon went off a lot. It went off 11 times(misfired once),so I guess that the team that scored 12 points was the home team.
Even the players in the game seemed to be getting annoyed. Team Toews/Panthers goaltender Roberto Luongo tweeted mid-game that he wanted the cannon to stop.

The canon has to go @BlueJacketsNHL

— Strombone (@strombone1) January 26, 2015

When my father was in the army,we were stationed in Hawaii. They had a football game(full contact with pads & everything) & they had a tank there that would fire every time the home team scored. I was 4-5 years old at the time & every time they fired it,I went bats$%^ crazy scared out of my head.

The cannon is a tradition at the CBJ games. Nothing better than hearing it go off at the start of the game. Then after a score you hear, "For those about to rock, (BOOM!) we salute you", after every goal. I am very amused when those sitting by me jump a mile in the air when it fires.

Even the players sometimes jump.

Simple solution .... keep the home team OFF the board.

Did they fire it for Both team goals in the ASG ?

IF so, then how about playing some defense and not allowing the other team to score.

NHL all star games use to be ok, 25 years ago, but in the last 15 it's just a scorefest, no d played and I wouldn't want to be a goalie ... much the same as the NFL Pro Bowl, no one cares.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)