Combine Hopper 3,Hopper w sling, Hoppper Duo & Wally’s with stacked splitters

CU2000

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 1, 2004
Can you combine above hoppers with 42 switch off Single antenna with Wally’s? With stacked splitters? If so how many max?

You could wire the dish to a DPP44 for the HWS (2 lines to a node) and Hopper Duo and then chain that from the DPP44 trunk out to a DPH42 for the Hopper 3 and Wally's with a channels stack splitter.

Account stacking?
Good call. Looking at the configuration that the OP stated, I have to wonder about stacking. Or maybe using a single antenna for a multi-unit building. If the latter, there could be future issues if the unit that has the power for the 44 switch or 42 switch decides they don't need satellite any longer and unplugs the power inserter.

Reactions: HipKat
Well, if the boxes are connected to either the internet or phone at all times, it should not be a problem. I can see Dish saying "NO" if ALL boxes are NOT connected to internet or phone. Years ago when I had 6 boxes in the 2000's, the ONLY way Dish allowed be to have all 6 was so that ALL the boxes were connected to the phone line, and all the boxes dutifully called each month, without fail, but, of course, they still audited me years later, but just the ONE time because the boxes were calling.

Frankly, it is easier and less costly to just have someone use the DA app on a FireTV connected to a big screen. I do NOT advocate that for unauthorized users of the DA app to the account it is connected, but for our discussion, it is a less costly version of account stacking that has none of the safeguards of an exotic install with ALL boxes connected to the internet or phone line.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)