Combine sat signals into one cable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

rcgnrcp

Original poster
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hi All,

I'm an Expressvu (Canada's DISH) subscriber with several HD PVR's. As is the only PVR fed by 2 coaxial cables is in the living room. The two others are fed by only one coaxial feed and so will only work as single tuner units. I have 2 multiplexers which give me 8 separate feeds, so I could run 4 dual-tuner PVR's.

I want to know if it is possible to combine 2 feeds from the multiplexers into a single cable, and then split them again at the receiver to make them work with both tuners. If this is possible, can someone tell me exaclty how to do it? I'm not the most tech-savy person in the world, but I'm pretty good. I can isolate each cable run in the house easily, and I'd like to upgrade another standard receiver to HD PVR, but not unless I can solve this problem.

If this question has already been answered please forgive my impatience, and be kind enough to point that answer out.

Thanks very much,

Rob
Toronto, Canada.

Replace the LNB's on your dish with DishPro LNB's and replace your SW44 switch with a DPP 44 switch and get 4 DPP Seperators. You will then only need 1 cable to each dual tuner receiver. You can get the DishPro hardware you will from Dishstore.net

Replace the LNB's on your dish with DishPro LNB's and replace your SW44 switch with a DPP 44 switch and get 4 DPP Seperators. You will then only need 1 cable to each dual tuner receiver. You can get the DishPro hardware you will from Dishstore.net

That is the easiest solution. It will also allow you to use a single cable for your current dual tuner as well.

You are looking at a little over $100 (US) for everything, if you look for deals. The 44 Switch is gonna hit you the hardest. I bought mine from ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts