Combining 2 satellite signals on one cable

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LionsFan63

Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
UK
I've been doing a lot of research on this and know enough to be thoroughly confused now. I think I'll get some help here.

I'm in the UK and I have an AFN dish and a Freesat dish. I installed both and have them both working on one redeiver each. OK so far.

Here's the problem:

the house I'm renting has only one line running to each room in the house and I cannot change this
the lines from each room run to a central closet upstairs (there's 8 cables hanging out of the wall with labels for what room it goes to)
I can connect the AFN or Freesat signal to any room I want, but only one, not both at the same time
I'll be moving the dishes soon so I can run multiple lines into the house (they're out in the yard right now), so multiple rooms won't be a problem

What I need is a good solution for getting both AFN and Freesat signals down the same cable so I can connect both receivers in the same room (and repeat for other rooms).

I know a stacker/destacker solution would work, but that would be too expensive. Is there some sort of splitter/multiplexer/distribution setup I could use? Keep in mind I'm trying to combine the signals from two different satellites/dishes.

Thanks in advance

Two dishes to one wire to one receiver is possible using a switch. Two different receivers on one wire I don't believe so. I'm assuming both cannot be had on one receiver?

The problem is not the LNB, both dishes have quad LNB's.
The problem is that each room in the house only has one cable running to it. I need to combine the signal from two different satellites onto one cable and then break it back out on the other end to two different receivers. I need to do this for each room I want to get both AFN and Freesat (currently 3 rooms).
I can't run an additional cable as they were installed when the house was built and can't be replaced (not very good planning).

I was hoping that there is some gizmo that can modulate the signals so they could be distinguished at the other end by a partner gizmo and separated into two separate outputs. If there's not, then I'm SOL.

Isn't this what a stacker/destacker does?

Last edited:
Questions:
- what brand/model is each LNBF now? Link would help.
- what you actually want is a frat house with 6 receivers live (3 of each)?
- will both receivers have to work in each room simultaneously? Or can I turn one off to use the other?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)