Combining coax sig post VIP622 to secondary TV?

eastendsatellite

Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Little Rock, AR
I'm wondering if there would be any issues with combining coaxial signals into one cable to run to the 2nd TV, off of my Dual-tuner DVR receiver. I would be taking the secondary TV out (ch. 21) from the back of the VIP622, and putting it with the digital TV signal from my digital antenna. Since there isn't a local ch. 21.1 to interfere, then logically, in my mind, this should work. However, in my mind, logically, I should be able to do my taxes and get money back...

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance...

Once again, thanks for the great advice. One question, though - what exactly is a notch filter, and where would one find such a device, and I would assume that it would go 'south' of the combiner (splitter reversed), as opposed to just being on one side of the two inputs? Or would a diplexer be necessary?

Since there isn't a local ch. 21.1 to interfere, then logically, in my mind, this should work.

The digital channel numbers aren't necessarily representative of the old fashioned NTSC channel designation anymore. The only reason the digital channels still use their old channel numbers are to keep their identity and so that viewers can still find them.

You should go here: Address and put in your address or at the very least your zip code and it will tell you what RF channels are actually in use in your area.

you need to install a notch filter in line before the antenna in order to prevent back feed and transmitting your signal via the OTA antenna. they are really cheap on fleabay and you just need to find one for the channel you intend to use. same applies for combining with cable tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)