Combining Dish Network and free Satellite Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvkijker

Original poster
Oct 27, 2009
pa
Would like to combine signal from Dish network (after the receiver) and signal from Free satellite (AMC 4-satellite) ( after receiver) and over the air programming on one coax cable is this possible and how? So I could watch all 3 programs on same tv?

Would like to combine signal from Dish network (after the receiver) and signal from Free satellite (AMC 4-satellite) ( after receiver) and over the air programming on one coax cable is this possible and how? So I could watch all 3 programs on same tv?

•OTA into the Ant. input of the STB. Power off STB (or toggle TV/Ant on remote) to pass signal. Take the coax out of the STB and into the Ant. input of the DN box. Pushing the TV/Video button toggles between the two. Of course this only works if you're using the coax I/O's. (not tested, but should work)

•If your TV has multiple inputs this would give you the best solution.

• Buy a low cost video switcher. Some use buttons to select, others are automatic based on input signal input (powered on/off).

You need a filter to filter VHF low from the antenna, and an RF modulator on channel 2 or 5/6 from one satellite box, the other from the default channel 3 or 4 modulator.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)