Combining OTA & Satellite signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mhendricks_12

Original poster
Mar 10, 2010
North Dakota
Recently had to purchase a new TV for my bedroom and this has caused some setup problems.

I have a Dish network 622 receiver with TV2 output running through a coaxial cable to my bedroom also have a OTA signal running from antenna to the bedroom through coaxial cable. Couldn’t find a new TV with (2) coaxial cable inputs, thus how do I combine the signals? Running a different type of cable (component/HDMI) is out of the question due to access. Space and money is also limited therefore would like to not have to use a VCR or Digital Converter to receive both singles. I know I could also us a switch, but I’m lazy and do not want to have to get up and switch back and forth. Can I just us a splitter backwards in the bedroom to combine the singles to the (1) coaxial input on the TV? Or will the frequencies interfere w/each other?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Can I just us a splitter backwards in the bedroom to combine the singles to the (1) coaxial input on the TV? Or will the frequencies interfere w/each other?

Yes you can combine both signals with a splitter. You will have to set TV2 on the 622 to a channel that doesn't interfere with any of the local OTA channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)