Comcast - $39.95mo for digital,HBO, HD, DVR?

JayStil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
Pretty sure I saw a Comcast Ad bashing DBS and offering $39.95 mo. for the above services. Price is for a year of service, and then goes up to regular. I believe you need to be a satellite customer to get the offer.

Sounds like a perfect deal for me while DISH drags their feet on NESN-HD. If they add it by next year I'd probably switch back.

Anyone else see the Ad?

Pretty sure I saw a Comcast Ad bashing DBS and offering $39.95 mo. for the above services. Price is for a year of service, and then goes up to regular. I believe you need to be a satellite customer to get the offer.

Sounds like a perfect deal for me while DISH drags their feet on NESN-HD. If they add it by next year I'd probably switch back.

Anyone else see the Ad?

Yes, and I signed up for it. I dont think you need to be Satellite customer. I am, but I was never asked about it or had to prove it to get the deal. I just called up and got it. Yes, having my RSN (FSN Detroit) in HD is worth it by itself. The locals in HD are great. Actually, the whole family is digging the On Demand feature. When nothing else is on, just search thru the VOD in HD and find something we like in HD.

You get On Demand for quite a few channels and every premium channel you subscribe too. You can get Showtime HD for $4.99 for 6 months on the same promotion as well.

I just put DISH down to absolute basic programming and I am SAVING money per month for 12 months. If DISH gets locals & RSN for me, I might keep it - if they dont, I will likely keep the cable. Also, there is no contract with this deal.

Yes, and I signed up for it. I dont think you need to be Satellite customer. I am, but I was never asked about it or had to prove it to get the deal. I just called up and got it. Yes, having my RSN (FSN Detroit) in HD is worth it by itself. The locals in HD are great. Actually, the whole family is digging the On Demand feature. When nothing else is on, just search thru the VOD in HD and find something we like in HD.

You get On Demand for quite a few channels and every premium channel you subscribe too. You can get Showtime HD for $4.99 for 6 months on the same promotion as well.

I just put DISH down to absolute basic programming and I am SAVING money per month for 12 months. If DISH gets locals & RSN for me, I might keep it - if they dont, I will likely keep the cable. Also, there is no contract with this deal.

Good point. I hate having contracts with anybody. My 2 yr. lease with Dish expired on 6/6/07 and I'm sending back their equip. I got a 12 mo. promo from C-cast- I already had HS Internet through cable. I got a promo that gave me HSI, classic cable with HBO & Starz, and 1 digi receiver. The price is only %69.95/mo. + taxes.

I love the On Demand feature and Dish didn't offer it with the basic dish I have. They said I'd need a 500 dish. Also, I now have cable to my PC which records TV shows, etc. My HSI is FAST. DSL is a snail. My pq is great- (C-cast put in an amp for the analog chs.)

Dish treated me OK, but couldn;t give me a deal with HSI. I am very happy @ this point in time. That $39.95/mo. deal is great. A friend of mine took it as well. :cool:

I called twice and neither CSR would give me HD with the deal - both said it would be $5 extra. I know what the ad said - they didn't seem to.

I got pissed and didn't order, and now the deal has expired. If anyone sees the ad running again, I'd appreciate a heads up!

I called twice and neither CSR would give me HD with the deal - both said it would be $5 extra. I know what the ad said - they didn't seem to.

I got pissed and didn't order, and now the deal has expired. If anyone sees the ad running again, I'd appreciate a heads up!

Comcast

Give that a link a try - lots of special deals and cash back rebates as well.

I had a Comcast guy come to the door on friday and offer me digital classic, hd/dvr, and HSI for $77mth w/free installation. I have to get out of my dish contract but for both tv and internet, it will be saving me about $30/mth so I signed up. They will be out Thursday to hook it all up.