Comcast and HDMI cables:

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
First I can't say this is true for all locations but at least for my location I can get them. So if you have an HDTV set with an HDMI input and you would rather not buy an HDMI cable or buy a cheap one and wait for shipping of it I would suggest driving to your local office and asking if they have an HDMI cable. They will check your account and make sure you have an HD box with an HDMI output but beyond that you might be going home with an HDMI cable 100% free of charge. I can say for sure that the Nashua Amherst/101a location does have HDMI cables as I just picked one up an half hour ago and I plugged it in and it worked right away without even rebooting the box but it did take about 10 seconds of what looks like no change until a picture just showed up. For some reason SDTV looks a little bit better and HD looks at tad bit better but not much. Now first I'm using an LCD HDTV so the SDTV looking better might be because my set is a true digital set now with a true digital connection. So if you have a CRT or an RPTV SDTV might not look better but again I cannot say if it won't as I don't own anything but LCD HDTV sets. This is another reason I love Comcast much better than BHN Tampa Bay. I do feel Comcast at least in my area is indeed Comcastic.

LonghornXP said:
This is another reason I love Comcast much better than BHN Tampa Bay. I do feel Comcast at least in my area is indeed Comcastic.

i am sure you are kind of keeping up with what is happening down here, so you know brighthouse is doing everything they can to try to retain customers that are going to fios. fios is doing better than they expected.

No HDMI cables in my area. The pickup locations don't deal with HD at all. You need a service call to get an HD box (or HD DVR). You can return the HD boxes, tho. When I returned my box, all I needed to return was the box & the remote.

-John

korsjs said:
i am sure you are kind of keeping up with what is happening down here, so you know brighthouse is doing everything they can to try to retain customers that are going to fios. fios is doing better than they expected.

I'm keeping up the best I can and yes they are doing much more than just saying f**k off. I also hear they are getting ready to start testing advanced digital simulcasting soon in all their areas. I'm also curious to see if they add Starz HD, Cinemax HD, TMC HD, Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand as it seems TWC in a few Texas areas have added Starz HD, TMC HD and Cinemax HD. I don't know if those areas have Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand though.

It will be fun to see how all of this pans out and also I got to see one of the early betas of Tivo software running on the Moto 3xxx boxes and it doesn't seem any different. One little tidbit I noticed was that the Tivo online broadband content was available and working but no networking or USB cable was being used for a wired or wireless connection to the internet. Because of this it leads me to believe that the boxes cable modem is being used to feed that content to the Moto boxes. I also saw two Moto boxes working with multiroom viewing and that also seemed to use the existing coax wires and was very first without a wait at all. I wasn't allowed to use a camera as he/she was scared of losing his/her job but I couldn't see anything limited on it. I also asked if TivoToGo worked and I was told yes but he/she hasn't started testing this yet but soon it will be tested.

So if they do support TivoToGo to backup onto a DVD for example maybe just maybe we might have the chance to burn a DVD with Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. I've asked him/her to tell me once its tested if the DVD has 5.1 surround or if its converted into stereo.