comcast-angers-cable-networks-with-channel-lineup-changes

Psst wrestling is fake
Wrestling isn't fake. It has pre-determinded endings, but it is every bit as athletic as any other sport. Those bruises on their backs from going through a table and the red marks on their chests from chops aren't painted on you know.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Wrestling isn't fake. It has pre-determinded endings, but it is every bit as athletic as any other sport. Those bruises on their backs from going through a table and the red marks on their chests from chops aren't painted on you know.
Faked = staged

Psst wrestling is fake
I cant believe that in 2016 this is still thrown out there as if its a big kept secret. Some great revelation. Vince mcmahon himself said it was entertainment like 30 years ago. In interviews, wrestlers openly talk about all the behind the scenes stuff that it takes to put the show together. I'm amazed that people think the other sports are not rigged. They all portray themselves as "legitimate".

Reactions: Mr Tony
Anyone who has been to see them live can see the athleticism, and when they really do get hurt, by mistake or not. We all realized at some point it was predetermined, heck how often did we predict what was going to happen. It was disappointing when two popular (villain or hero) wrestlers had a big match, only to have something disqualify the outcome. But you knew it was going to happen that way because neither at that stage of their career was going to lose to the other. I wish I liked it now as I did many years ago, but lost overall interest.
Side note - I was actually friends with Bob Backlund, had a couple of barbecues at his house mostly after the popular part of his career. Pedro was someone I met by chance, three times! All at the same restaurant, none of them planned, all when he was on his way to the Providence Civic Center for a match, as was I to see it. We ate together the third time when we arrived at the same time. True story.

While we're off topic, I remember back in the 80's when I took my two boys and they're two friends to a rasslin match. We were standing where the rasslers came in and out. A kid threw something at Dr. D, David Shultz. He walked down the line of kids and did a line slap of about 10 to 15 kids. They were all in shock. He physically hurt some of them. (Could of been a lawsuit)

Three weeks later, he was being interviewed by Stossel. Stossel asked him if wrestling was fake. He responded by decking Stossel. He said "Was that fake?" He was never seen again.

Reactions: charlesrshell
While we're off topic, I remember back in the 80's when I took my two boys and they're two friends to a rasslin match. We were standing where the rasslers came in and out. A kid threw something at Dr. D, David Shultz. He walked down the line of kids and did a line slap of about 10 to 15 kids. They were all in shock. He physically hurt some of them. (Could of been a lawsuit)

Three weeks later, he was being interviewed by Stossel. Stossel asked him if wrestling was fake. He responded by decking Stossel. He said "Was that fake?" He was never seen again.
Stossel or the wrestler was never seen again? Because I saw Stossel on Fox one day by accident when I was at my parents house. I remember that clip when the wrestler slapped him upside his head and Stossel stammered around like a drunk. Was that fake???!!!:biggrin

Anyone who has been to see them live can see the athleticism, and when they really do get hurt, by mistake or not. We all realized at some point it was predetermined, heck how often did we predict what was going to happen. It was disappointing when two popular (villain or hero) wrestlers had a big match, only to have something disqualify the outcome. But you knew it was going to happen that way because neither at that stage of their career was going to lose to the other. I wish I liked it now as I did many years ago, but lost overall interest.
Side note - I was actually friends with Bob Backlund, had a couple of barbecues at his house mostly after the popular part of his career. Pedro was someone I met by chance, three times! All at the same restaurant, none of them planned, all when he was on his way to the Providence Civic Center for a match, as was I to see it. We ate together the third time when we arrived at the same time. True story.
I currently buy all my medical pot from Sean "Val Venus" Morely. He is a kick ass dude.

The country’s largest cable company has joined the race to get skinny.

Comcast has started ripping up agreements with cable networks and moving them out of basic onto digital tiers, The Post has learned.

Already, Spike, CMT and Pop, the former TV Guide channel, have been moved to digital tiers, the companies told The Post.
The switches began Jan. 7.

The changes means fans of the affected networks could have to pay $9.99 a month, or more, to tune in.
http://nypost.com/2016/01/14/comcast-angers-cable-networks-with-channel-lineup-changes/
---------------------------------------------------------------------

The welcome package has two of these channels.
Hmm. I was under impression that all of the major cable providers had gone to all digital systems which of course require a STB for each tv or a multi room STB type.
In any event, no programmer or customer should be surprised their provider is going all digital. it is inevitable

Hmm. I was under impression that all of the major cable providers had gone to all digital systems which of course require a STB for each tv or a multi room STB type.
In any event, no programmer or customer should be surprised their provider is going all digital. it is inevitable
I agree
I know Mediacom here in Minneapolis burbs is all digital but not all scrambled. You can still get Family cable in SD (and the locals in HD) with a QAM tuner

They had to go all digital in detroit just to deal with the theft of service since everyone was illegally hookup to analog.

They don't even disconnect the taps anymore once you disconnect.

We actually sell prepaid Comcast to the people who owe a bill

They had to go all digital in detroit just to deal with the theft of service since everyone was illegally hookup to analog.
which is funny as here in Minneapolis the only thing that was analog was the locals (lifeline). But the locals were in HD on QAM :)

They don't even disconnect the taps anymore once you disconnect.
why bother? Makes it easier to turn on service when someone new moves in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)