Comcast Digital Queston

kuhars5

Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
I like to know when Comcast goes all digital and since there will be no standard cable no more will the packages be cheaper or be the same

I image it will stay the same. You will still have the same channels, just all in digital instead of 1/2 digital and the other 1/2 analog. The only duplicates will be the HD channels. You will probably see just different names for the tiers - although most are calling them things like "basic, extended basic" etc." instead of analog anyway.

More expensive for sure. You only get one cable box on basic digital cable. Currently all of the analog TVs are "free". With all digital (not digital simulcast, like we have now with both digital and analog copies of the same channel) you will need an extra $5/month box for each TV.

-John

More expensive. In my area, if you want digital channels on all TV's, they charge an additional $6.95 for each digital outlet beyong the first. The analog outlets are free. BTW, that doesn't include the lease on the digital box either (if their is one). I have a 3412 and an additional HD box. I get charged $9.95 for the 3412 and $6.95 plus $5.00 for the other HD outlet.

Last edited:
Comcast in my area isn't planning 100% ADS for the near future. They got a local deal from some 3rd party to offer a digital feed of all the local Sacramento stations but other semi-local stations and all the cable channels are still analog for 2-99. And get this 2 digital channels TCM and GSN are moving down to analog only! This is a step backwards.

I'm glad I decided to stay with Directv.

Jim

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)