Question about 22khz

telecaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Somthing i dont understand.I think D* uses 22khz tone for switching between sats.
So why is it that i HAVE to use a 22khz "BLOCKING" switch when connecting 2 lnbf's to a D* receiver.

I am using an old D* 18x24 eliptical dish for D* and E*.
running 1 line fore 119 and 1 line from 110 into a switch 21 and then to a E* reciever.

Then 1 line from 101 and 1 line from 119 into a 22khz "blocking" switch to a D* receiver.

Thanks

telecaster said:
Somthing i dont understand.I think D* uses 22khz tone for switching between sats.
So why is it that i HAVE to use a 22khz "BLOCKING" switch when connecting 2 lnbf's to a D* receiver.

I am using an old D* 18x24 eliptical dish for D* and E*.
running 1 line fore 119 and 1 line from 110 into a switch 21 and then to a E* reciever.

Then 1 line from 101 and 1 line from 119 into a 22khz "blocking" switch to a D* receiver.

Thanks
It's been a while since I've looked in to this. It's because both receivers will try to feed the 22Khz signal. Only one needs to send it. I think the other thing the block does is act as a DC block so you aren't feeding voltage from both receivers.

threadkiller said:
It's been a while since I've looked in to this. It's because both receivers will try to feed the 22Khz signal. Only one needs to send it. I think the other thing the block does is act as a DC block so you aren't feeding voltage from both receivers.

I thought E* did not use 22
and also how is the 101 lnb getting power?

thanks so much for your reply

telecaster said:
I thought E* did not use 22
and also how is the 101 lnb getting power?

thanks so much for your reply
I re-read your original post. I don't know about the 22khz from the E*. I had to consult the glossary to figure out what E* was. I assumed it was a Directv receiver model. When you hook up 2 D* receivers, one is blocked and the other is not. So, I don't really know the answer. I would guess that the E* is providing power. Sorry about that, I 'll read the posts a little more carefully.