Question about 22khz

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

telecaster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2004
Somthing i dont understand.I think D* uses 22khz tone for switching between sats.
So why is it that i HAVE to use a 22khz "BLOCKING" switch when connecting 2 lnbf's to a D* receiver.

I am using an old D* 18x24 eliptical dish for D* and E*.
running 1 line fore 119 and 1 line from 110 into a switch 21 and then to a E* reciever.

Then 1 line from 101 and 1 line from 119 into a 22khz "blocking" switch to a D* receiver.

Thanks

telecaster said:
Somthing i dont understand.I think D* uses 22khz tone for switching between sats.
So why is it that i HAVE to use a 22khz "BLOCKING" switch when connecting 2 lnbf's to a D* receiver.

I am using an old D* 18x24 eliptical dish for D* and E*.
running 1 line fore 119 and 1 line from 110 into a switch 21 and then to a E* reciever.

Then 1 line from 101 and 1 line from 119 into a 22khz "blocking" switch to a D* receiver.

Thanks
It's been a while since I've looked in to this. It's because both receivers will try to feed the 22Khz signal. Only one needs to send it. I think the other thing the block does is act as a DC block so you aren't feeding voltage from both receivers.

threadkiller said:
It's been a while since I've looked in to this. It's because both receivers will try to feed the 22Khz signal. Only one needs to send it. I think the other thing the block does is act as a DC block so you aren't feeding voltage from both receivers.

I thought E* did not use 22
and also how is the 101 lnb getting power?

thanks so much for your reply

telecaster said:
I thought E* did not use 22
and also how is the 101 lnb getting power?

thanks so much for your reply
I re-read your original post. I don't know about the 22khz from the E*. I had to consult the glossary to figure out what E* was. I assumed it was a Directv receiver model. When you hook up 2 D* receivers, one is blocked and the other is not. So, I don't really know the answer. I would guess that the E* is providing power. Sorry about that, I 'll read the posts a little more carefully.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)